Dims should be cheering for a Republican filibuster of Obama SC nominee.

Sep 2014
United States
I don't know why all the board Dims are crying about the Republicans saying they will not vote for an Obama SC nominee.

They tell us Hillary is a lock.

Hillary said she would love to nominate Obama to the SC.

So, if the Reps hold up Obama's nominee the Dims will have Hillary in the White House, and Obama on the SC.

Why all the whining and crying?

Reactions: 1 person

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
Is it really necessary to use sophomoric word games with the political party name? Dems would have worked far better than trying that little insult game.

Reactions: 5 people
Jan 2016
Colorado
If Republicans deliberately block even an Obama SCOTUS nominee who appears to be reasonable and moderate, I suspect it will cost the GOP the Senate in the November elections.

So if that's what you wanna do, go for it.

Reactions: 3 people
Sep 2014
United States
If Republicans deliberately block even an Obama SCOTUS nominee who appears to be reasonable and moderate, I suspect it will cost the GOP the Senate in the November elections.

So if that's what you wanna do, go for it.

You make a decent point, but Obama will not nominate anyone that appears to be remotely reasonable or moderate. He will nominate a far left nutbag knowing it will go nowhere and he can try to score some "woe is me" political points. It is what he does. He doesn't care about getting things done, he cares about playing the victim of those Evil Republicans.

Count on it.

Jan 2016
Colorado
You make a decent point, but Obama will not nominate anyone that appears to be remotely reasonable or moderate. He will nominate a far left nutbag knowing it will go nowhere and he can try to score some "woe is me" political points. It is what he does. He doesn't care about getting things done, he cares about playing the victim of those Evil Republicans.

Count on it.
Heh. Mr. Obama could nominate someone much like Ted Cruz, and suddenly that 'Ted Cruz' would become a "far left nutbag".

In fact, I fully expect Mr. Obama to nominate some judge widely viewed as a 'centrist'. By everyone in the center. But whoever it is will be immediately compared to Che Guevara by the Tea Party folks.

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
You are free to not click on any thread that offends you.
It's not that it offends me, it's that it is stupid. It's just as bad as President Obama angering his political opponents before asking something of them. You are posting a topic and start it off with a juvenile insult. It makes Republicans look petty and ignorant. Yes, I have had the same criticism of those that use the terms libturd, libtard, Teabagger, etc. It accomplishes nothing but ensuring that your thread really will start out on the wrong foot. Think about it, when you post.

Sep 2014
United States
It's not that it offends me, it's that it is stupid. It's just as bad as President Obama angering his political opponents before asking something of them. You are posting a topic and start it off with a juvenile insult. It makes Republicans look petty and ignorant. Yes, I have had the same criticism of those that use the terms libturd, libtard, Teabagger, etc. It accomplishes nothing but ensuring that your thread really will start out on the wrong foot. Think about it, when you post.
I usually use Dimwit Party, but I couldn't fit it all in the thread title.

Jan 2016
Colorado
People like Goofball do indeed hurt your party, Southern Dad.

Reactions: 1 person