Dirtbag pastor

Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF
No, I agree the Pastor was wrong, but failure is never a victory unless your celebrating failure. Looks like you are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So, in you Christian victory thread
Christian bashing seems to be a popular thing nowadays. Yes, there are people who claim to be Christians, but who don't walk the talk.

The scriptures says --- by their fruits you will know them. If what they do is for the good of humanity, if they set an example of servitude to Christ, then they are true believers.

The scriptures talks about false teachers, and Christians must always be aware that there are men/women who come as wolves, dressed in sheeps clothing.
”The scriptures” also talk of stoning your child in the public square to death. The same book says it’s okay to kill your wife if she is raped.
Good book my ass.

Nov 2008
Washington state

”The scriptures” also talk of stoning your child in the public square to death. The same book says it’s okay to kill your wife if she is raped.
Good book my ass.
You are speaking of Jewish laws that were written for the Jews 2 to 3000 years ago. Not related to Christianity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Death sentences could only be imposed by a properly-constituted court, with such restrictions as to make doing so practically impossible, per the Oral Torah (something Xians deny exists, or ever existed). One cannot summarily carry out a judgment and sentence, or he would be liable for murder (another capital crime).

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD

Good book my ass.
I love these armchair biblical scholars. No where in the New Testament does it say that stoning a child in the public square is right. In fact, Christ challenged those who were going to stone a woman by asking them "He who is without sin, cast the first stone."

And, no where in the New Testament does it permit a man to kill his own wife for ANY REASON. In fact, men are told to love your wives.

If you are trying to reference the Old Testament, understand that when the curtain was torn when Jesus died on the cross, it was a symbol that we no longer live under the Old Testament laws.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
If you are trying to reference the Old Testament, understand that when the curtain was torn when Jesus died on the cross, it was a symbol that we no longer live under the Old Testament laws.
That makes no sense. First of all, Torah law (except for the 7 Noachide Laws) was (and is) only applicable to Jews anyway, so most of humanity never lived under it to begin with. Second of all, the Torah is eternal, as G-d neither lies nor changes His mind. Third of all, nothing about Jesus has anything to do with the Torah in any case.

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
That makes no sense. First of all, Torah law (except for the 7 Noachide Laws) was (and is) only applicable to Jews anyway, so most of humanity never lived under it to begin with. Second of all, the Torah is eternal, as G-d neither lies nor changes His mind. Third of all, nothing about Jesus has anything to do with the Torah in any case.
Christians use the bible, which includes the Old Testament.

Jesus, according to Christianity is the creator of all things.

Colossians 1:16 For in Him all things were created, things in heaven ...

https://biblehub.com/colossians/1-16.htm

For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, .... And there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and ...

And, he was a Jew, living under Jewish law and preached in the Synagogue, even as a boy.

What was the significance of the temple veil being torn in two when Jesus died?

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Christians use the bible, which includes the Old Testament.
Xians reinterpret the Tanakh (what you call the "Old Testament") to include Jesus. It does no such thing.
Jesus, according to Christianity is the creator of all things.
That claim is not justified by anything in the Tanakh.
And, he was a Jew, living under Jewish law and preached in the Synagogue, even as a boy.
Jesus preached and advocated the abolition of Jewish law - something no Jewish messiah would ever do.

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
Xians reinterpret the Tanakh (what you call the "Old Testament") to include Jesus. It does no such thing.

That claim is not justified by anything in the Tanakh.

Jesus preached and advocated the abolition of Jewish law - something no Jewish messiah would ever do.
I told you what Christians believe. I realize you reject Christianity, but you are wrong about what Jesus said about the law.

Matthew 5:17-20 ESV - Christ Came to Fulfill the Law - “Do - Bible ...

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+5%3A17-20&version...

Christ Came to Fulfill the Law - “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
I told you what Christians believe. I realize you reject Christianity, but you are wrong about what Jesus said about the law.

Christ Came to Fulfill the Law - “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill.
Yes, I know about that claim. It does not make sense. The law is "fulfilled" when it is followed, not when it is not followed. Your Jesus advocated that the law need not be followed anymore - something no Jewish messiah would ever say. The Nevi'im (Prophets) exhorted Israel to follow the law - which it was not doing - not to abrogate it, which was in fact the problem.