Discussion of Israel should not include antisemitic tropes

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
The younger generation doesn't see Israel the same way. Especially under Nutandyahoo's leadership. I've always objected to Never Again only for Jews. No one deserves any sort of holocaust, including Gazans. No group has a lock on discrimination. Antisemitism is no worse than any other form of bigotry and I am tired of it being treated as such. I am glad to see that more and more people are starting to agree.

Mar 2019
DE, US
The younger generation doesn't see Israel the same way. Especially under Nutandyahoo's leadership. I've always objected to Never Again only for Jews. No one deserves any sort of holocaust, including Gazans. No group has a lock on discrimination. Antisemitism is no worse than any other form of bigotry and I am tired of it being treated as such. I am glad to see that more and more people are starting to agree.
I don't see how different types of bigotry are the same. I can make a distinction between bigotry based on hating a group for skin color or religion and many other things that are similar. It doesn't bother me if the Amish, Jews, Japanese or just about any group imaginable believe someone outside their group is unfit to marry their kind. I obviously don't consider that as important as hating Jews or Blacks, because they are Jews or Blacks. I can understand how those other types of behavior can be considered bigotry and perhaps a lot of the difference involves, it doesn't harm me the way bigotry based on Jews and Blacks has harmed them. When a culture has beliefs of preserving it's culture, I respect that.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Is there somewhere a list of "antisemitic tropes" that we can reference?

It is part of the reason I generally avoid any discussion of Israel, because aside from it being a hornet nest of a topic, I've seen so much as people calling out Jewish supremacists spouting racial slurs as "antisemitism"... But it's like "no, that's pointing out that these people are wrapped in Jewish flags talki about how everyone else is some form of scum"...

A list would be helpful to avoid improper phrasing.

Now, are these tropes applicable to Jewish people only or are these tropes off limits to anyone?

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Mar 2019
DE, US
Do you have a real source? Perhaps one that does NOT defend a nazi collaborator who betrayed his own people for profit?
I mentioned not reading it and how it was found first using those simple key words.

What the hell do you expect an anti-Semitic trope to be? It's only a way of referring to Jews indirectly as I see it and independent of who is involved.

Look it up yourself, if it interests you. It doesn't interest me.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
I mentioned not reading it and how it was found first using those simple key words.

What the hell do you expect an anti-Semitic trope to be? It's only a way of referring to Jews indirectly as I see it and independent of who is involved.

Look it up yourself, if it interests you. It doesn't interest me.
I need specifics... it doesnt matter what I think, since it is a mod that is making this declaration, I want things to be as explicit as possible because the rules as they are being ridiculously vague allows for arbitrary enforcement.

So, I need to know what's what and whether or not this is special treatment or equal treatment.

Mar 2019
DE, US
I need specifics... it doesnt matter what I think, since it is a mod that is making this declaration, I want things to be as explicit as possible because the rules as they are being ridiculously vague allows for arbitrary enforcement.

So, I need to know what's what and whether or not this is special treatment or equal treatment.
Then find out yourself what a possible list of anti-Semitic tropes are.

Maybe someday you'll figure out the average person doesn't want to talk about Jews all the time and isn't concerned with Jews being a compulsive topic of interest.

How hard is it to type a few words in google?

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Then find out yourself what a possible list of anti-Semitic tropes are.

Maybe someday you'll figure out the average person doesn't want to talk about Jews all the time and isn't concerned with Jews being a compulsive topic of interest.

How hard is it to type a few words in google?
Neither do I. However, that this is a declaration, my interpretation is irrelevant. What IS relevant is what these "tropes" ARE because remaining vague can allow for preventing discussion of topics under the claim that it's some imaginary "trope".

As I pointed out earlier, when even calling out jewish supremacists is attempted to be labelled as anti semitism. In that environment, clarity is a requirement.