Dissecting the presidents Speech in full.

Sep 2012
California
Lie number one:

Mexico will pay for the wall.

#2 We will build a wall across the entire border made of concrete.

#3 It will solve illegal crossing problem

#4 The wall will solve the illegal drug trade problem.

#5 Immigration from the South is an invasion.

#6 Democrats are not for border security.

#7 The new NAFTA will include money paid by Mexico used to build the wall.

#8 Illegals kill thousands every year.

#9 Asylum seekers have no right to seek asylum except at legal border crossings.

#10 It is a crisis worthy of a shutdown or state of emergency.

We could list more lies told by this President on this subject over the last two years but this hits the main lies. What is missing from Trumps tantrum is a detailed budget for the 5.7 billion dollars. This is because he does not have one and likely never will unless, unless, he enters into good faith negotiations with Congress on how best to secure the border. Since he is unwilling to do so, Congress will not give him a blank check to fulfill empty campaign promises. End of frigging story.

Jul 2011
NYC
Reading comprehension problems again??
Indeed there are, and they are yours. I am not sure if it's inability or straight up partisan trolling.

Who are we kidding, we both know it's the latter.

Democrats have voted for a physical barrier in the past, but it was far different than what he is asking for today.

The barrier was far less ambitious than the "big, beautiful" concrete wall Trump promised voters.

And while the bill itself called for the construction of border "fencing," it also included a multi-faceted approach at securing the border.

Again, they had total control of Congress for two years. So why did they not pass a "wall" bill back then?

Can you answer that one for me?

You keep trying to derail my thread. Where in the speech did he call for a big beautiful wall. He specifically states the truth the democrats supported a physical barrier.

Is that true or not. Try being honest for once. especially when you and your ilk whine that trumps so dishonest, shouldn't you at least try not to match him?

Jul 2011
NYC
Lie number one:

Mexico will pay for the wall.

#2 We will build a wall across the entire border made of concrete.

#3 It will solve illegal crossing problem

#4 The wall will solve the illegal drug trade problem.

#5 Immigration from the South is an invasion.

#6 Democrats are not for border security.

#7 The new NAFTA will include money paid by Mexico used to build the wall.

#8 Illegals kill thousands every year.

#9 Asylum seekers have no right to seek asylum except at legal border crossings.

#10 It is a crisis worthy of a shutdown or state of emergency.

We could list more lies told by this President on this subject over the last two years but this hits the main lies. What is missing from Trumps tantrum is a detailed budget for the 5.7 billion dollars. This is because he does not have one and likely never will unless, unless, he enters into good faith negotiations with Congress on how best to secure the border. Since he is unwilling to do so, Congress will not give him a blank check to fulfill empty campaign promises. End of frigging story.

Can you quote where in the speech he states any of this?

Jul 2011
NYC
Frankly, Trump didn't write that speech; he read it off a teleprompter.

Furthermore, Trump promised Mexico will pay for the wall, so Trump needs to beg the Mexicans, not the Democrats.

None of this matters in the context of this thread. This thread is to dissect the speech ourselves instead of getting opinions from the media. That's the exercise.

Jul 2011
NYC
lets add the next parts of the speech:

Some have suggested a barrier is immoral. Then why do wealthy politicians build walls, fences, and gates around their homes? They don’t build walls because they hate the people on the outside but because they love the people on the inside. The only thing that is immoral is the politicians to do nothing and continue to allow more innocent people to be so horribly victimized.

America’s heart broke the day after Christmas when a young police officer in California was savagely murdered in cold blood by an illegal alien, just came across the border. The life of an American hero was stolen by someone who had no right to be in our country. Day after day, precious lives are cut short by those who have violated our borders.

In California, an air force veteran was raped, murdered, and beaten to death with a hammer by an illegal alien with a long criminal history. In Georgia, an illegal alien was recently charged with murder for killing, beheading, and dismembering his neighbor. In Maryland, MS-13 gang members who arrived in the United States as unaccompanied minors were arrested and charged last year after viciously stabbing and beating a 16-year-old girl.

CAn anyone pick out a lie in this section?

Dec 2015
SoCal
lets add the next parts of the speech:

Some have suggested a barrier is immoral. Then why do wealthy politicians build walls, fences, and gates around their homes? They don’t build walls because they hate the people on the outside but because they love the people on the inside. The only thing that is immoral is the politicians to do nothing and continue to allow more innocent people to be so horribly victimized.

America’s heart broke the day after Christmas when a young police officer in California was savagely murdered in cold blood by an illegal alien, just came across the border. The life of an American hero was stolen by someone who had no right to be in our country. Day after day, precious lives are cut short by those who have violated our borders.

In California, an air force veteran was raped, murdered, and beaten to death with a hammer by an illegal alien with a long criminal history. In Georgia, an illegal alien was recently charged with murder for killing, beheading, and dismembering his neighbor. In Maryland, MS-13 gang members who arrived in the United States as unaccompanied minors were arrested and charged last year after viciously stabbing and beating a 16-year-old girl.

CAn anyone pick out a lie in this section?
Do you know who wrote the speech?

Maybe it was Stephan Miller.

Jul 2011
NYC
Do you know who wrote the speech?

Maybe it was Stephan Miller.

If you don't want to discuss the topic within the parameters I set out. and many people have for over 24 hrs now. Kindly take your partisan garbage elsewhere. We are going through the speech to identify lies. if you can't control yourself, get lost. ;)

Dec 2015
SoCal
If you don't want to discuss the topic within the parameters I set out. and many people have for over 24 hrs now. Kindly take your partisan garbage elsewhere. We are going through the speech to identify lies. if you can't control yourself, get lost. ;)
Again, my apologies for violating your parameters. I can't believe I can be so daft and thoughtless, a personal demon I still struggle to corral.

I am simply curious who wrote the speech because it seems rather devoid of the typical lies Trump tells.