Dissecting the presidents Speech in full.

Jul 2011
Old NYC/DMS
Trump does seem to do his best when he stays on message. I also read a couple of positive blogs on his efforts the other day.

From a political speaking point of view, he seems to make good use of opinion, exaggeration, etc... to stress the points he wants to. I agree with prag on a place he could have done better... which is to tone down his emphasis on how bad and scary and mean and violent immigrants are, and focus more on the impact to our social services and other resources.

That's all I have...…. man, I am exhausted.

I agree with this 100% he stayed on message which helped him avoid blatantly and ignorantly lying about this or that as he has in the past.

Feb 2011
The formerly great golden state
Lets move on.

Senator Chuck Schumer, who you will be hearing from later tonight, has repeatedly supported a physical barrier in the past along with many other Democrats. They changed their mind only after I was elected president.
Democrats in Congress have refused to acknowledge the crisis and they have refused to provide our brave border agents with the tools they desperately need to protect our families and our nation.

The federal government remains shut down for one reason, and one reason only, because Democrats will not fund border security. My administration is doing everything in our power to help those impacted by the situation, but the only solution is for Democrats to pass a spending bill that defends our borders and reopens the government.
This situation could be solved in a 45 minute meeting. I have invited congressional leadership to the White House tomorrow to get this done. Hopefully we can rise above partisan politics in order to support national security.

Lies here? anyone?

The federal government remains shut down for one reason, and one reason only, because Democrats will not fund border security.
Congress, with the help of Democrats, have passed bills supporting border security. Border security does not have to mean a wall. The government is shut down because the president wanted it shut down, said he would shut it down, and followed through. Meanwhile, the Democratically controlled house has passed several bills to re open it and negotiate the issue of the wall later.

That one is a lie, plain and simple. Had he said "will not fund the wall," he might have been half correct. As it is, that Democrats won't fund border security is a lie.

Jul 2011
Old NYC/DMS
Congress, with the help of Democrats, have passed bills supporting border security. Border security does not have to mean a wall. The government is shut down because the president wanted it shut down, said he would shut it down, and followed through. Meanwhile, the Democratically controlled house has passed several bills to re open it and negotiate the issue of the wall later.

That one is a lie, plain and simple. Had he said "will not fund the wall," he might have been half correct. As it is, that Democrats won't fund border security is a lie.

I disagree in context of the first sentence "physical barrier" its clear to me feels the wall is the cornerstone of "border security", a difference of opinion, but would not call that a lie, imo

Feb 2011
The formerly great golden state
I disagree in context of the first sentence "physical barrier" its clear to me feels the wall is the cornerstone of "border security", a difference of opinion, but would not call that a lie, imo
Obviously, he believes that a wall is the cornerstone of border security. He didn't say, "would not fund the wall," however. He said, "would not fund border security." That is a misstatement of fact. His speech writer must have slipped up on that one. He should have said "would not fund the wall," which is accurate.

Jul 2011
Old NYC/DMS
Obviously, he believes that a wall is the cornerstone of border security. He didn't say, "would not fund the wall," however. He said, "would not fund border security." That is a misstatement of fact. His speech writer must have slipped up on that one. He should have said "would not fund the wall," which is accurate.

I disagree it's the same tactic as "sensible gun control" and "paying fair share" it's political doublespeak I will agree, but to call it a blatant lie, I cannot agree with that.