Diversity , identity and academia.

Lunchboxxy

Apr 2010
Oregon
I’m not gonna watch your weird link, but I am curious to know if anyone else on this bored actually works in academia.

There seem to be a lot of people who love to criticize it, but I doubt half of them even went to college let alone work at one.

Reactions: HCProf and HayJenn
Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
I’m not gonna watch your weird link, but I am curious to know if anyone else on this bored actually works in academia.

There seem to be a lot of people who love to criticize it, but I doubt half of them even went to college let alone work at one.
A Kavanaugh apologist first rattle out of the box...

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Glenn Beck's The Blaze and Mark Levin's CRTV merge to form right-wing outlet Blaze Media, which could rival the new Fox News streaming service

• Mark Levin's CRTV and Glenn Beck's The Blaze have merged to form a right-wing media and opinion giant.
  • The new company, Blaze Media, appears poised to directly compete with Fox News' own just-launched streaming service.
  • Mark Levin, a popular radio host and the founder of LevinTV, which grew to become CRTV, will join the Blaze brand name along with other hosts including Michelle Malkin, "Duck Dynasty" star Phil Robertson, former Fox co-host Eric Bolling and others.
Glenn Beck and Mark Levin form right-wing media outlet that could rival Fox News streaming service

Jan 2007
Glenn Beck's The Blaze and Mark Levin's CRTV merge to form right-wing outlet Blaze Media, which could rival the new Fox News streaming service

• Mark Levin's CRTV and Glenn Beck's The Blaze have merged to form a right-wing media and opinion giant.
  • The new company, Blaze Media, appears poised to directly compete with Fox News' own just-launched streaming service.
  • Mark Levin, a popular radio host and the founder of LevinTV, which grew to become CRTV, will join the Blaze brand name along with other hosts including Michelle Malkin, "Duck Dynasty" star Phil Robertson, former Fox co-host Eric Bolling and others.
Glenn Beck and Mark Levin form right-wing media outlet that could rival Fox News streaming service
That doesn't change the facts of what she discusses. This PC identity is showing up all the time. Academia is at the fore front of it.

Aug 2018
Vancouver
Not a single one of my university professors would have accepted “that’s just the way things used to be” as a justification for an argument.

Which, sadly, does kind of put the nail on the coffin of anyone hoping to find “conservative thinking” there.

That’s not a conspiracy. That’s just the nature of a place where any idea must be defended on its own merits. Not a “gut instinct” or “level of comfort”.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
That doesn't change the facts of what she discusses. This PC identity is showing up all the time. Academia is at the fore front of it.
She was a right winger that wrote a book and was on Levin's show pimping it out..no more, no less. Her "opinions" are no more valid than any other writers. Levin has an agenda, and she fit that agenda.