DJT gets HIS wish. House to vote Wednesday on ...

May 2019
midwest
... transmitting the 2 Articles of Impeachment to the Senate when it votes on House Managers for the Impeachment trial of Donald John Trump. This is the WaPo source. I'm sure there are others out on the 'net if you can't view it.
:cool:

House to vote Wednesday to send impeachment articles against Trump to the Senate

Jan. 14, 2020 at 10:39 a.m. CST

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) has announced that the House will vote Wednesday on a resolution appointing House impeachment managers and transmitting the articles of impeachment to the Senate, allowing the trial of President Trump to begin this week.

In anticipation of the historic event, senators in the chamber controlled by Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) have been maneuvering behind the scenes about whether the trial should include witnesses and who might be summoned to testify.

The crux of the Democrats’ case is the allegation that Trump tried to leverage a White House meeting and military aid, sought by Ukraine to combat Russian military aggression, to pressure Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to launch an investigation of former vice president Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden, as well as a probe of an unfounded theory that Kyiv conspired with Democrats to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. ..... more @ link

May 2019
midwest
May 2019
midwest
I'm shocked I tell you. After all Impeached Trump's protestations (so unfair, etc.) about the House Impeachment, not 1 tweet today can be found from HIM about tomorrow's actions by the House. Just shocked.

May 2019
midwest
I’m pretty sure as many activist Republican Senators will recuse themselves as did partisan and activist House Democrats did.
Ummm, yeah. An equal amount.
There is a problem with your hypothesis. House members can't vote as jurors in a Senate trial. Both McTurtle and Leningrad Lindsay have said they can't be impartial jurors in the Impeachment trial of Donald John Trump.

Reactions: Friday13
Apr 2015
Mid ATL
There is a problem with your hypothesis. House members can't vote as jurors in a Senate trial. Both McTurtle and Leningrad Lindsay have said they can't be impartial jurors in the Impeachment trial of Donald John Trump.
So prosecutors get to be partisan, unobjective and unsavory while jurors must remain chaste during a noticeably political process.
Got it.
I always have trouble following the hypocritical unscrupulous left and their logic.

May 2019
midwest
So prosecutors get to be partisan, unobjective and unsavory while jurors must remain chaste during a noticeably political process.
Got it.
I always have trouble following the hypocritical unscrupulous left and their logic.
Correct about the Senator's job. Senate Rules of Impeachment - 1986, specifically rule #25 about impartiality.

"I solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that in all things appertaining to the trial of the impeachment of ______ _____, now pending, I will do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws: So help me God.''

Reactions: Friday13
Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
... transmitting the 2 Articles of Impeachment to the Senate when it votes on House Managers for the Impeachment trial of Donald John Trump. This is the WaPo source. I'm sure there are others out on the 'net if you can't view it.

House to vote Wednesday to send impeachment articles against Trump to the Senate

Jan. 14, 2020 at 10:39 a.m. CST

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) has announced that the House will vote Wednesday on a resolution appointing House impeachment managers and transmitting the articles of impeachment to the Senate, allowing the trial of President Trump to begin this week.

In anticipation of the historic event, senators in the chamber controlled by Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) have been maneuvering behind the scenes about whether the trial should include witnesses and who might be summoned to testify.

The crux of the Democrats’ case is the allegation that Trump tried to leverage a White House meeting and military aid, sought by Ukraine to combat Russian military aggression, to pressure Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to launch an investigation of former vice president Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden, as well as a probe of an unfounded theory that Kyiv conspired with Democrats to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. ..... more @ link
Good luck with that. Senate can't tell the House what to do.

Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
Got it.
Regardless, The Senate can't make the House do anything.

Tough luck.

Can the House force the Senate to hold a fair trial? No.