DNC launches hyper-local 2020 effort to shadow Trump on the trail.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
WASHINGTON — Voters in hundreds of small and medium-sized towns across America are about to be targeted with digital ads, press conferences and billboards featuring neighbors and friends who say they’ve been “betrayed” by President Donald Trump.

The effort is the main feature of the Democratic National Committee’s “war room” that launches on Thursday and is focused on defeating Trump in 2020, according to officials who briefed NBC News.

Responding to criticism that Democrats were too focused on Trump’s temperament and personal attributes during Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign, the party’s main organizing arm says it’s making a major expansion of its opposition research team that will be “hyper-focused” on the impact of Trump’s policies on local communities.
DNC launches hyper-local 2020 effort to shadow Trump on the trail

Well, this could work. That way you don't have a half dozen Democrats on the stage criticizing Trump in a debate. They, the candidates, don't have to bring Trump up during town halls, or when interacting with voters. The only problem with this is that Trump supporters seem to take it out on anyone that's trying to tell them the truth about Trump. So , I wouldn't be surprised if this backfires and turns Trump's base out in defiance.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
The only problem with this is that Trump supporters seem to take it out on anyone that's trying to tell them the truth about Trump. So , I wouldn't be surprised if this backfires and turns Trump's base out in defiance.
I think the last people we need to worry about not voting are Trump's base. They will vote regardless. The questionable ones are the ones that could possibly be reached.