Do people with big noses who want small noses have a mental illness?

Is nose-changing a disorder?

• Yes

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • What a silly freakin' question!

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
it depends.

general elective plastic surgery is fine...so long as you pay for it yourself.

now... if a female wants her boobs removed because she think she is a man... and insurgence pays for it. That is a mental illness.

I want my boobs reduced.... but i have to pay for it. Insurance will not cover elective plastic surgery. That is not a mental illness.
I think if you fought it out with your insurance, you could get a breast reduction covered. I know many who have had them through insurance. You have to meet certain criteria....such as indentations on your shoulders from your bra strap or back problems/pain. I did not know there was a mental condition for people who want to make a few changes. I would like my waist reduced/sculpted about 2 inches and a little abdominal tightening. I should plant a seed with my doctor for a referral. :) LOL

Back to the OP.....rhinoplasty is painful, my nose would have to be HUGE to deal with the recovery on that.

CtC

Mar 2019
California
Michael Jackson was totally mentally sick. 20 surgeries? The kid had talent and,when young,looks. Why mutilate himself. It is called Munchausens.

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
Michael Jackson was totally mentally sick. 20 surgeries? The kid had talent and,when young,looks. Why mutilate himself. It is called Munchausens.
I worked with a woman who had about that many cosmetic procedures. She had the weight loss surgery and had skin hanging everywhere. First is was the tummy tuck and removal of her "apron" Then she had a arm and leg lift. Two separate procedures that almost killed her because of a blood clot. Then she had a face lift, including her chin and eyes. Lastly, a breast augmentation. Her breasts became tubular. She racked up about 60K on several credit cards then filed bankruptcy once she was finished. She looks great...but she is covered in scars all over her body.

May 2012
By the wall
MANY women have successfully financed their breast augmentation surgeries via Go Fund Me accounts.

I guess people are generally sympathetic to women who want bigger tits.

I think that's an interesting facet of human psychology, in and of itself.

Would people be as willing to pay for penile enlargement surgery for some guy with low self-esteem? I wonder!
Definitely not.

Feb 2015
sadness
I think if you fought it out with your insurance, you could get a breast reduction covered. I know many who have had them through insurance. You have to meet certain criteria....such as indentations on your shoulders from your bra strap or back problems/pain. I did not know there was a mental condition for people who want to make a few changes. I would like my waist reduced/sculpted about 2 inches and a little abdominal tightening. I should plant a seed with my doctor for a referral. :) LOL

Back to the OP.....rhinoplasty is painful, my nose would have to be HUGE to deal with the recovery on that.
still and all my point is that some are getting free work because they claim to have is a mental illness. Either pay up yourself... or resign yourself that you do have a mental illness.

alright... lets take the "human ken doll" for an example. Is he militantly ill? I would say yes he is. Why?

because he is trying to make himself into something he is not. And making quite a good living at it to boot. He is not a ken doll and never will be a ken doll.