Do you have a religious alignment? Can you articulate why?

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
For a good series of books incorporating a lot of different religions like Wicca and Asatru in a Dystopian future post apocalyptic world try S.M. Stirling's Change series.

The first book, Dies the Fire, concerns the conflicts between a Portland-based neo-feudalist dictatorship and the free communities of the Willamette Valley, primarily the Bearkillers and the Wiccan Clan Mackenzie. The later series, The Change, focuses on the now-adult children of the original trilogy's major characters.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
I'm not so sure of that. Some animals IMO experience an awareness that extends beyond the eternal present. I can never know that for sure, of course, and I have more than a passing tendency to anthropomorphize. Still... it may be true, it may not be true, but there is nothing beyond our own speculation that proves we are the only ones who experience self awareness.
Animals tend to look for a place to die. I watched my cat Pippin do that, and it is a known cat behavior.

Dec 2006
required field
Animals tend to look for a place to die. I watched my cat Pippin do that, and it is a known cat behavior.
True, and I would have mentioned it because I've seen the same behavior too (from dogs and cats), but that doesn't happen until the day before or the day of, and there's no way to tell for sure that they know they're going to die, and not just following some instinct to seek out a place where they won't be disturbed.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
True, and I would have mentioned it because I've seen the same behavior too (from dogs and cats), but that doesn't happen until the day before or the day of, and there's no way to tell for sure that they know they're going to die, and not just following some instinct to seek out a place where they won't be disturbed.
Pippin actually started behaving odd for a couple months earlier, then started seeking a place several days in advance.

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
No. I dont want to be a hypocrite.

I did not like to promise God I was going to be good...only to go out and sin....then go back and ask for forgiveness and promise the promise again....then sin again.

I could not figure out how to completely stop sinning so I had to stop promising.
I don't promise. I ask for help not to. And I don't aim terribly high, lol. When I am not sure what to do I ask God to help me make the right decision. Whatever 'right' is because if I knew, I wouldn't be conflicted.

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
Right. Instinct tells them they are vulnerable and they seek a safe space. And they feel poorly. Seeking dark and quit and undisturbed.

Aug 2012
the Sussex Downs
The Ten Commandments are really just a very good guide of how we should live. They were written by man, the same as any other book.

And you have the right to believe what ever you want. That is why I am so glad to live in a Country where we have the right to think as we wish.:D No one can tell you what to believe.
The Ten Commandments are taken from the forty two Egyption negative affirmations/confessions of Maat:

I have not committed sin
I have not committed robbery with violence.
I have not stolen.
I have not slain men or women.
I have not stolen food.
I have not swindled offerings.
I have not stolen from God/Goddess.
I have not told lies.
I have not carried away food.
I have not cursed.
I have not closed my ears to truth.
I have not committed adultery.
I have not made anyone cry.
I have not felt sorrow without reason.
I have not assaulted anyone.
I am not deceitful
.I have not stolen anyone’s land.
I have not been an eavesdropper.I have not falsely accused anyone.I have not been angry without reason.
I have not seduced anyone’s wife.
I have not polluted myself
.I have not terrorized anyone
.I have not disobeyed the Law.I have not been exclusively angry
.I have not cursed God/Goddess.
I have not behaved with violence.
I have not caused disruption of peace.
I have not acted hastily or without thought.
I have not overstepped my boundaries of concern.
I have not exaggerated my words when speaking.
I have not worked evil
.I have not used evil thoughts, words or deeds
.I have not polluted the water.
I have not spoken angrily or arrogantly.
I have not cursed anyone in thought, word or deeds.
I have not placed myself on a pedestal.
I have not stolen what belongs to God/Goddess.
I have not stolen from or disrespected the deceased.
I have not taken food from a child
.I have not acted with insolence.
I have not destroyed property belonging to God/Goddess

The 42 Laws of Maat: 42 Laws of Maat, or 42 Negative Confessions, or 42 Admonition to Goddess Maat, or 42 Declarations of Innocence or Admonitions of Maát, 42 Laws of Maat of Ancient Egypt, or the Laws of the Goddess Maat