Do you have a religious alignment? Can you articulate why?

Apr 2014
Maryland
Tells me what?

I'm sorry but what is the point in such an exercise, hmmm?

As far as my faith is concerned, I contemplate biblical passages that give me some insight on spiritual and ethical truths. These truths remain regardless of these passages' factual or historical content.

Whether these passages are historical facts or not is a question for historians to answer.
Certainly not scientists

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
I was baptized Orthodox at birth, Russian Orthodox, to be exact. I still wear my crucifix, although, to be honest, there are now plenty of things I no longer agree on with the Church back in Moscow, such as their disdain for sexual minorities, etc. Canada changed me, a lot...

I still believe that there is a God or some kind of supernatural entity out there somewhere, watching over us.

But the crucifix is kinda more of a social thing now. Since we moved to Toronto, which has a huge Russian/ex-Soviet emigrant diaspora, I hang out with a lot more of my own ex-compatriots here, and these folks are a lot more religiously nationalistic, these days. Putin's propaganda reaches even across the damn ocean... When we guys take out shirts off in summer, in the backyard... lets just say, with this crowd, it helps to have a crucifix on you, you fit in better:)

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
NightSwimmer has been banned from this thread. Please do not respond or refer to his posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
kingrat has been banned from this thread. Please do not respond or refer to his posts. Thank you for your cooperation.