Do you have a religious alignment? Can you articulate why?

Wonderer

Council Hall
May 2014
Missouri
Just want to say I appreciate this thread, [MENTION=858]Coyote[/MENTION] - I hope to get back to it and respond more fully this evening or tomorrow. In the meantime, enjoying the discussion.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
I believe in a God but one I sort of invented, one of true empathy but without any control (choice). I considered it a long time ago and felt the universe would be better if there is a God and an afterlife vs one without. So that is what I choose to believe purely out of want. Reality doesn't just exist, it's created.

I do not push this idea on anyone else.

Feb 2015
sadness
That's more or less what I do. But it's difficult to feel a sense of shared community or culture that way.
why do you need that? Does the shared community or culture help you with what you believe in.. ie god. Or do you just like it for bingo night and pot lucks?

Dec 2006
required field
why do you need that? Does the shared community or culture help you with what you believe in.. ie god. Or do you just like it for bingo night and pot lucks?
The latter, if I'm honest. I'll believe what I believe in regardless of what everyone around me believes... for the most part. I *am* human, though I don't like to bring it up. ;)

Nov 2013
NY
I believe in a God but one I sort of invented, one of true empathy but without any control (choice). I considered it a long time ago and felt the universe would be better if there is a God and an afterlife vs one without. So that is what I choose to believe purely out of want. Reality doesn't just exist, it's created.

I do not push this idea on anyone else.
If you want to save big on taxes, you should. :)