Do you have the 'Gay Gene'?

May 2012
By the wall
You just may.

I suppose we can finally lay to rest the debate that its a choice.

Scientist have actually found the defect in the X chromosome of the human male.

Its not a choice after all, its a deficiency.

By Reissa Su | February 14, 2014 7:00 PM EST

Scientists have discovered two DNA stretches linked to homosexuality in men. The confirmation of a "gay gene" is expected to support the argument that homosexuality is biological and not by environmental influences.

The results of the controversial study by researchers from the Chicago University could also pave the way for discrimination against homosexuals. Insurance companies could require genetic tests to determine if their clients are gay. Genetic tests could also be used by pregnant women for selective abortion if they don't want to have "gay babies."

The Chicago University researchers analysed the DNA of more over 400 pairs of homosexual brothers who were asked to participate for research purposes at Gay Pride festivals over the years. Researchers came across two stretches of DNA associated with homosexuality.

Reports said it is still a mystery which of the genes contains the specific stretches and how they particularly affect an individual's sexual orientation.

The results of the recent study seem to support a 1993 study revealed in an annual conference by the American Association for the Advancement of Science. It was the first study to reveal evidence of the "gay gene" which created a controversial debate and inspired other scientists to find the genetic link.

Northwestern University's Dr Michael Bailey who contributed to the research in the recent study said it was "the biggest of its kind." He remarked that a person's sexual orientation is not a matter of choice since their findings suggested a genetic link. He said they have proof of what determines a man's sexual orientation.
Do You Have the 'Gay Gene'? Chicago Scientists Discover Genetic Link to Homosexuality - International Business Times

May 2012
By the wall
Okay. So, will all the homophobes who've been attacking gays for their "deviant lifestyle" lay off now?
I suppose they will have to.

The really fun question will be the religious crowd having to justify why God said its a sin if its a genetic default they have no control over.

I look forward to hearing that one.

May 2012
By the wall
Like many traits (alcoholism for example) both nature and nurture contribute.

Homosexuality & Choice: Are Gay People 'Born This Way?'

Should this be allowed?
Well I didn't post this part of the article because its rather disturbing but I suppose I should add it.

When asked about the subject of prenatal testing in the future, Mr Bailey said he does not object to the test, but parents should not be allowed to kill their unborn child just because he or she has the genetic link to homosexuality. But he believes they should be allowed to have access to that kind of information.
Now this is very troubling because we know it will happen. Parents who test their children for this and its determined that they have a strong likelihood of becoming gay, may choose to abort.

That to me is crossing a line and although its probably inevitable, it is something I had hoped wouldn't have occurred in my lifetime.

Here is another source for the article although its just yahoo, it adds validation to the story.

Yahoo News UK & Ireland - Latest World News & UK News Headlines

May 2012
By the wall

Should this be allowed?
Well I didn't post this part of the article because its rather disturbing but I suppose I should add it.

When asked about the subject of prenatal testing in the future, Mr Bailey said he does not object to the test, but parents should not be allowed to kill their unborn child just because he or she has the genetic link to homosexuality. But he believes they should be allowed to have access to that kind of information.
Now this is very troubling because we know it will happen. Parents who test their children for this and its determined that they have a strong likelihood of becoming gay, may choose to abort.

That to me is crossing a line and although its probably inevitable, it is something I had hoped wouldn't have occurred in my lifetime.

Here is another source for the article although its just yahoo, it adds validation to the story.

Yahoo News UK & Ireland - Latest World News & UK News Headlines

Dec 2010
Southington Connecticut
I suppose they will have to.

The really fun question will be the religious crowd having to justify why God said its a sin if its a genetic default they have no control over.

I look forward to hearing that one.
What an easy question to answer. God decided to include the "gay gene" in some people to test them. The test is to see if they will succumb to the sin of gayacity and thereby violate the law of God. Those who have the "gay gene" but resist committing acts of gayness will be rewarded by God when the rapture comes as long as they have accepted God's only begotten Son Jesus as their savior. So that is the only way that a gay man can enter the Kingdom of God live like as non gay man, accept Jesus, and not commit any other real bad sins. Now God did f -up since where does that place the Jewish guy who is A RECIPIENT OF THE "GAY GENE" but lives a good sin free life but of course stays Jewish therefore fails to accept Jesus as his savior ?

I think God really fu-'d this one up. I mean who cares about the muslins, Jains, Hindus, Buddhists and other types of heathens but God has failed to protect the poor Jew who stood in the wrong line and got the gay gene.

God needs to rethink this "gay gene" deal !!

It is so as it has been written.

Last edited:
May 2012
By the wall
What an easy question to answer. God decided to include the "gay gene" in some people to test them. The test is to see if they will succumb to the sin of gayacity and thereby violate the law of God. Those who have the "gay gene" but resist committing acts of gayness will be rewarded by God when the rapture comes as long as they have accepted God's only begotten Son Jesus as their savior. So that is the only way that a gay man can enter the Kingdom of God.

It is so as it has been written1
Hmmmm, I'm usually good at defending the Christians and their point of view but I'm at a loss for this one.

I suppose your theory may fly with the masses, as they can be duped into pretty much anything, but I don't see it as being consistent with the actual teachings of the Bible. Since genealogy wasn't around back then why would God use that method?

He would probably use something more overt such as tempting Eve with a piece of fruit.

If it was a test from God wouldn't he have used something that appealed more to possibly gay men?

Maybe have Satan appear as a giant penis saying, "God commands you not to stroke me, but you know you want to."

Vortex

Former Staff
Dec 2006
home

Should this be allowed?
Of course the selective abortions should not be allowed. But it would be the gay bashing christians who foster the need to stop gays from being born, you know they are a sin and embarrassment and an abomination, and whatever other hateful term fake christians came come up with to brand them as mistakes and wrong.

God doesn't make mistakes, he makes gays, they are his children to be loved and to love as he has commanded.

Last edited:
Dec 2010
Southington Connecticut
Hmmmm, I'm usually good at defending the Christians and their point of view but I'm at a loss for this one.

I suppose your theory may fly with the masses, as they can be duped into pretty much anything, but I don't see it as being consistent with the actual teachings of the Bible. Since genealogy wasn't around back then why would God use that method?

He would probably use something more overt such as tempting Eve with a piece of fruit.

If it was a test from God wouldn't he have used something that appealed more to possibly gay men?

Maybe have Satan appear as a giant penis saying, "God commands you not to stroke me, but you know you want to."
Then there needs to be another commandment " Thou shall not stroke the schlong of Satan for thou shall be whacked by the wand of God"