Do you still believe that U.S. Presidents are not above the law and that the 3 branches are equal?

Do you still believe that U.S Presidents are not above the law and the 3 branches if gov are equal?

• No the president is not above the law and the three branches remain equal in power.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Yes, the above but I sure am wondering with this one.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Yes, the've always had a different standard vs. the rest of us and precedence shows that.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • We are in new territory; a possible constitutional crisis.

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters
Jul 2013
On a happy trail
you think we're going to break off an alliance with saudi arabia over a single shitty leader when we redacted a whole chapter about them from the 9/11 report?

you only care because a republican is president. when a democrat becomes president, you'll stop.
Right now its being redacted at the behest of the Republican president. And that is the current cards being dealt.

May 2012
By the wall
I think we are CLEARLY in a constitutional crisis, with an Attorney General who seems to think his JOB is to defend the President at all costs, and with a report that has just come out that obviously lays out impeachable offenses that the President has committed, and yet we know that we have a Senate that is extremely unlikely to vote to convict the President, even were the House to vote to impeach him.
Too bad he wasn't as good as Eric Holder who held his president to task right?

Rasselas

Former Staff
Feb 2010
valid location
i don't get it. saudi arabia has been an "ally" for decades. yes, there's nothing unusual about trump's being an ally of theirs too.
Trump or the US? There's a difference between them, you know. He's not a king.

BTW, two things regarding our longstanding relationship with SA. First, Obama was doing a lot to disrupt that relationship, particularly by lessening our all-out unremitting rejection of Iran on all levels. Iran and SA are the main antagonists in that region; being entirely in SA's camp has drawbacks, as the situation in Yemen shows. I think Obama's waffling on SA scared the crap out of Riyadh and they were desperate for us to change course.

Second thing--SA is a huge oil producer, and that's made them important since the end of WWII. But now WE are oil exporters. We don't need those guys anymore, at least not in the same way. The discovering of oil fields in ND (plus climate change) has completely changed our relationship to imported oil, and that changes our relationship to the whole region of the ME. It's still an important region geopolitically for the reasons it has always been--it's the crossroads of three continents. But ecomomically? We're finally in a position to tell all those sh*ts to go hang themselves. I halfway think we should.

May 2012
By the wall
Not even CLOSE to the same thing. Trump is compromised on multiple levels in ways that weren't even POSSIBLE for Obama.
What do you mean not close, it's the exact same thing.

Remember when Obama lied about the video tape and both Rice and Holder were defending him instead of investigating?

They said there was nothing there.

You are just showing your partisanship now.

Rasselas

Former Staff
Feb 2010
valid location
What do you mean not close, it's the exact same thing.

Remember when Obama lied about the video tape and both Rice and Holder were defending him instead of investigating?
How long did that last?

They said there was nothing there.

You are just showing your partisanship now.
When you can find Eric Holder misleading people about an investigation of the president, get back to me.

highway234

Former Staff
Feb 2010
Where'm I At, Doe?
Trump or the US? There's a difference between them, you know. He's not a king.

BTW, two things regarding our longstanding relationship with SA. First, Obama was doing a lot to disrupt that relationship, particularly by lessening our all-out unremitting rejection of Iran on all levels. Iran and SA are the main antagonists in that region; being entirely in SA's camp has drawbacks, as the situation in Yemen shows. I think Obama's waffling on SA scared the crap out of Riyadh and they were desperate for us to change course.

Second thing--SA is a huge oil producer, and that's made them important since the end of WWII. But now WE are oil exporters. We don't need those guys anymore, at least not in the same way. The discovering of oil fields in ND (plus climate change) has completely changed our relationship to imported oil, and that changes our relationship to the whole region of the ME. It's still an important region geopolitically for the reasons it has always been--it's the crossroads of three continents. But ecomomically? We're finally in a position to tell all those sh*ts to go hang themselves. I halfway think we should.
I never know who this "we" is that centrist neo-liberals are constantly going on about.

Rasselas

Former Staff
Feb 2010
valid location
I never know who this "we" is that centrist neo-liberals are constantly going on about.
I don't think I'm a neoliberal. Pretty old school liberal, really. And by "we," I mean the United States. That's still "we" right? Or have we broken up into corporations rather than nation states already?