Do you still believe that U.S. Presidents are not above the law and that the 3 branches are equal?

Do you still believe that U.S Presidents are not above the law and the 3 branches if gov are equal?

• No the president is not above the law and the three branches remain equal in power.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Yes, the above but I sure am wondering with this one.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Yes, the've always had a different standard vs. the rest of us and precedence shows that.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • We are in new territory; a possible constitutional crisis.

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters
Jan 2016
Colorado
I'm hardly a nationalist. (You keep trying to label me; does it make you feel good?) But I do think highly of the Constitution. I'd rather we keep and honor it. If we're a dying empire, we should go down as ourselves, trying to embody the values that started everything.
Now THAT is nicely said!

highway234

Former Staff
Feb 2010
Where'm I At, Doe?
I'm hardly a nationalist. (You keep trying to label me; does it make you feel good?) But I do think highly of the Constitution. I'd rather we keep and honor it. If we're a dying empire, we should go down as ourselves, trying to embody the values that started everything.
i didn't call you a nationalist. I did say you're promoting a nationalist sentiment. if you prefer the softer term "patriotism," i suppose i'd be fine with that.

i doubt "we'll" go down in any kind of coherent way, but rather as a bunch of warring factions. you're kind-of seeing that already. I find this "we" to be a bit mercurial because already you're seeing certain more empowered groups using their power to exploit more vulnerable groups and keep this hurly-burly going a bit longer.

the constitution was a nice effort, i agree. too bad "we" didn't even make a decent show of adhering to it. hell, just sticking to the magna carta would have been great, but a few planes fly into a few buildings and "we" quite happily tossed the whole thing out the window so we could indulge in a merry bit of reprisal killing. I wish I could think as highly of "us" as you've managed, but unfortunately we've proved to be 98% monkey just like the constituents of the european project that proceeded us. no offense to monkeys.

i do think great things may be in store for humanity, at least if some of us survive the upcoming swelter, but it'll probably be millennia yet before we even climb up out of the muck.

And yes, I'm fun at parties.

Rasselas

Former Staff
Feb 2010
valid location
i didn't call you a nationalist. I did say you're promoting a nationalist sentiment. if you prefer the softer term "patriotism," i suppose i'd be fine with that.

i doubt "we'll" go down in any kind of coherent way, but rather as a bunch of warring factions. you're kind-of seeing that already. I find this "we" to be a bit mercurial because already you're seeing certain more empowered groups using their power to exploit more vulnerable groups and keep this hurly-burly going a bit longer.

the constitution was a nice effort, i agree. too bad "we" didn't even make a decent show of adhering to it. hell, just sticking to the magna carta would have been great, but a few planes fly into a few buildings and "we" quite happily tossed the whole thing out the window so we could indulge in a merry bit of reprisal killing. I wish I could think as highly of "us" as you've managed, but unfortunately we've proved to be 98% monkey just like the constituents of the european project that proceeded us. no offense to monkeys.

i do think great things may be in store for humanity, at least if some of us survive the upcoming swelter, but it'll probably be millennia yet before we even climb up out of the muck.

And yes, I'm fun at parties.
I'll bet you are. You may be right, but we still have to live in our own time, no matter what. Might as well do our best with it.

"If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run...."