Do you think Donald Trump has any friends?

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Not a Lounge thread...serious question.

I don't get the impression that Trump has anyone he hangs out with or cares about as a person. I've seen no sign of this. Of course, as president, it might not be apparent. I can't say I saw Obama ever relaxing with a college or high school friend.

Having friends, though, is one indicator of normal mental health. I have trouble imagining Trump having any friends, who aren't named Trump, and family HAS to hang out with him. Except maybe Tiffany.

Seriously though, do you think Trump has friends who like him as a buddy? Why or why not?

Sep 2016
My own world

I don't get the impression that Trump has anyone he hangs out with or cares about as a person. I've seen no sign of this. Of course, as president, it might not be apparent. I can't say I saw Obama ever relaxing with a college or high school friend.

Having friends, though, is one indicator of normal mental health. I have trouble imagining Trump having any friends, who aren't named Trump, and family HAS to hang out with him. Except maybe Tiffany.

Seriously though, do you think Trump has friends who like him as a buddy? Why or why not?
He has people around him that want something from him but I suppose that is why they hang around him too=Putin, Kim, Xi.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio

I think there are people he feels at ease with and feels fondness for. Sadly, I think they are all as morally bankrupt as he is.

Roy Cohn, Paul Manafort, Jeffrey Epstein, etc.

Not sure these are "friendships" as you and I use that word, but there is a personal relationship.

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
I think there are people he feels at ease with and feels fondness for. Sadly, I think they are all as morally bankrupt as he is.

Roy Cohn, Paul Manafort, Jeffrey Epstein, etc.

Not sure these are "friendships" as you and I use that word, but there is a personal relationship.
Maybe. Although, I get the impression those are all transactional.