Do you trust Trump to handle an alleged threat from Iran?

Do you trust Trump to handle an alleged threat from Iran?

• Total voters
Nov 2015
UK
It's a ploy to change the subject from Russigate.

I hope sane minds in the DoD will review any orders they get for legality.
I read the poll as, "No matter what Trump does with Iran, us lefties will go with the opposite, do you agree?".

Trump doesn't send fire power = Orange man bad

Trump sends fire power = Orange man bad

Mar 2019
DE, US
It's a ploy to change the subject from Russigate.

I hope sane minds in the DoD will review any orders they get for legality.
When the reports of a carrier group became news, it's my understanding it was already scheduled to go to the Persian Gulf a month before. I understand the fear of having a lunatic like tRump, but the intelligence reports of a military buildup in Iran near Iraq aren't current. There are problems with provoking incidents with our carrier groups and the response time in that area isn't great. There are plenty of nuts in Iran, too, so hoping for another bone spur flareup is the best thing we can wish for at this moment. Let him lay in a bed with a bunch of hamburgers and play with Twitter. Our military can handle what it needs to do.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
When the reports of a carrier group became news, it's my understanding it was already scheduled to go to the Persian Gulf a month before. I understand the fear of having a lunatic like tRump, but the intelligence reports of a military buildup in Iran near Iraq aren't current. There are problems with provoking incidents with our carrier groups and the response time in that area isn't great. There are plenty of nuts in Iran, too, so hoping for another bone spur flareup is the best thing we can wish for at this moment. Let him lay in a bed with a bunch of hamburgers and play with Twitter. Our military can handle what it needs to do.
Trump is the biggest danger this country has ever faced and his supporters should leave.

Mar 2019
DE, US
Trump is the biggest danger this country has ver faced and his supporters should leave.
tRump's supporters are either misguided voters or a bunch of internet trolls who support him mindlessly to mislead. There is plenty of evidence of it being done with foreign influence to disrupt democracy. Sooner or later investigations will track them down in social media, they leave a record.

As far as his supporters in the Whitehouse goes, he will always need someone to run the executive branch of government and he's such a dictator, they have to placate him. I have serious doubts all those learned people are that stupid to agree with him. Only time will tell.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
tRump's supporters are either misguided voters or a bunch of internet trolls who support him mindlessly to mislead. There is plenty of evidence of it being done with foreign influence to disrupt democracy. Sooner or later investigations will track them down in social media, they leave a record.

As far as his supporters in the Whitehouse goes, he will always need someone to run the executive branch of government and he's such a dictator, they have to placate him. I have serious doubts all those learned people are that stupid to agree with him. Only time will tell.
There are ways federal employees can slow-down/oppose a criminal president.

We did it against Nixon for years

Mar 2019
DE, US
There are ways federal employees can slow-down/oppose a criminal president.

We did it against Nixon for years
tRump is lazy and doesn't do shit, but run his fool mouth. He tries to come up with ideas, but lacks the education or experience to do much else. Just keep the fast food flowing and his toys charged to keep him out of real mischief. He needs to be treated like a spoiled brat without a parent.

What Nixon did was wrong in many ways, but it was his pardon that sent me away from the Republican Party forever. Most people forget, they stalled and got rid of the VP first. Spiro Agnew was only the Mayor of Baltimore before becoming VP. I was young then and didn't realize what a snake Nixon was.

From what I've seen about tRump, he's many times worse than Nixon. I'd give him at least a 10x and much more dangerous to our country (like 100x). Maybe I'm biased, but I think his Southern Strategy (though others were involved) destroyed the Republican Party and it will never recover. It once was a party of moderation and made sense.