Does anyone here hang around with groups of people who mostly SUPPORT Trump?

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Deep State
I just came from a 12th night party thrown by a client in the building trades. I was being kind of careful not offend anyone, but pretty soon it was clear everyone there thinks Trump is an imbecile.

I'm sincerely curious. What's it like to be at gatherings where most of the admire Trump?

Do you just avoid the subject, since the news is mostly bad, if your honest?

Do you actually talk about how he's doing good things over drinks?

Do you talk about ways to get the wall built?

I'm serious...tell us about it. What's it like in your world?

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
They don't think the news is bad. It's bizzaro world. I tried to explain the story behind my nephew's photo from TG 'raking America Great Again' when I saw my SM and she wouldn't even listen. Fake news, she said. No, it isn't. He said the thing about Finland and raking!

Not a single relative 'liked' that photo on fb. It's like a cult.

Nov 2015
UK
I just came from a 12th night party thrown by a client in the building trades. I was being kind of careful not offend anyone, but pretty soon it was clear everyone there thinks Trump is an imbecile.

I'm sincerely curious. What's it like to be at gatherings where most of the admire Trump?

Do you just avoid the subject, since the news is mostly bad, if your honest?

Do you actually talk about how he's doing good things over drinks?

Do you talk about ways to get the wall built?

I'm serious...tell us about it. What's it like in your world?
No, when I'm out and about at the pub etc.. I'm sensible enough not to talk politics and religion because those two subjects divide people.

With my best mate, we briefly talked about Brexit because he's a Remain and I'm a Leaver but that's about it.

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
I constantly find myself in social situations where I wind up talking about it (no surprise really, since I admit to being somewhat obsessed by our present political nightmare). The reactions I encounter are interesting. Most people jump right in, but there are usually a few who say nothing at all, which I interpret as tacit approval for Trump.

There was one guy this past summer who actually gave me the "Hillary was worse" line, and went on to say that he thought Trump would be a good thing for the country overall. I politely tore his arguments to shreds. What was interesting about this guy was that he was not a blatant idiot; he was a moderately successful conservative Jew. I know that a lot of religious Jews place support for Israel over most political issues (and he was all jazzed about moving the US embassy). Still, I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that he was able to so easily ignore Trump's appeal to and enabling of Nazis and other groups that would no doubt wish him harm or worse.

People are strange creatures, indeed.

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
No, when I'm out and about at the pub etc.. I'm sensible enough not to talk politics and religion because those two subjects divide people.

With my best mate, we briefly talked about Brexit because he's a Remain and I'm a Leaver but that's about it.
It's not always simple to avoid it. My sisters family and friends are used to discussing whatever they want to. TG and Christmas doesn't end after the meal. It goes on all day. They were prepped that 'Aunt Jackie' (from the show Rosanne) was coming and to be sensitive to that. LOL.

Oct 2018
They don't think the news is bad. It's bizzaro world. I tried to explain the story behind my nephew's photo from TG 'raking America Great Again' when I saw my SM and she wouldn't even listen. Fake news, she said. No, it isn't. He said the thing about Finland and raking!

Not a single relative 'liked' that photo on fb. It's like a cult.
Like a cult? :)

(BTW, what's SM stand for?)

Nov 2015
UK
I constantly find myself in social situations where I wind up talking about it (no surprise really, since I admit to being somewhat obsessed by our present political nightmare). The reactions I encounter are interesting. Most people jump right in, but there are usually a few who say nothing at all, which I interpret as tacit approval for Trump.

There was one guy this past summer who actually gave me the "Hillary was worse" line, and went on to say that he thought Trump would be a good thing for the country overall. I politely tore his arguments to shreds. What was interesting about this guy was that he was not a blatant idiot; he was a moderately successful conservative Jew. I know that a lot of religious Jews place support for Israel over most political issues (and he was all jazzed about moving the US embassy). Still, I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that he was able to so easily ignore Trump's appeal to and enabling of Nazis and other groups that would no doubt wish him harm or worse.

People are strange creatures, indeed.
Just simply decline to be dragged into the conversation as you don't really follow politics, there's a time and place for those kind of debates and then change the subject.

Added - Do you think that could be Trump Derangement Syndrome?

Last edited:
Oct 2018
Just simply decline to be dragged into the conversation as you don't really follow politics, there's a time and place for those kind of debates and then change the subject.
You're obviously having a lot of difficulty following discussions these days.

I'm the one starting these conversations.

And yeah, I do follow politics. Apparently, a lot better than you can follow a simple narrative. LOL.

Last edited:
Nov 2015
UK
You're obviously having a lot of difficulty following discussions these days.

I'm the one starting these conversations.

And yeah, I do follow politics. Apparently, a lot better than you apparently can follow a simple narrative. LOL.
Ah. I was just about to say, it's the ***** that start those conversations.

If they didn't get my subtle hint, I would say to him/her, "Go away freak".