DOJ Inspector General Found No Evidence FBI Attempted to Spy on Trump Campaign: Report

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
The Justice Department’s inspector general found no evidence that the FBI attempted to place undercover agents and informants inside President Trump’s 2016 campaign, The New York Times reports. Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s report—slated for release on Dec. 9—will reportedly disprove claims that the agency attempted to spy on the campaign.

two predictions. First, this won't make any difference. Trump and his flunkies will find something in the report to continue to peddle conspiracy theories. Second, Bill Barr will not apologize to the FBI for falsely accusing them of spying on Trump.

Sep 2016
My own world
The Justice Department’s inspector general found no evidence that the FBI attempted to place undercover agents and informants inside President Trump’s 2016 campaign, The New York Times reports. Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s report—slated for release on Dec. 9—will reportedly disprove claims that the agency attempted to spy on the campaign.

two predictions. First, this won't make any difference. Trump and his flunkies will find something in the report to continue to peddle conspiracy theories. Second, Bill Barr will not apologize to the FBI for falsely accusing them of spying on Trump.
Agreed. They like to pick and choose what they agree with in reports that aren't 100% what Trump wants to see and by extension Putin wants to see.

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
The report hasn't even been released yet. A little over eager eh? And the question of whether the Trump campaign was monitored by intelligence agencies has already been resolved has already been resolved. They were. It's all a question of whether it was done legally. I can wait for the report. What's the rush?

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
The report hasn't even been released yet. A little over eager eh? And the question of whether the Trump campaign was monitored by intelligence agencies has already been resolved has already been resolved. They were. It's all a question of whether it was done legally. I can wait for the report. What's the rush?
it's been resolved and it's been resolved.