DOJ watchdog finds James Comey defied authority as FBI director

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/doj...fied-authority-fbi-director/story?id=55670834

The Justice Department's internal watchdog has concluded that James Comey defied authority at times during his tenure as FBI director, according to sources familiar with a draft report on the matter.

One source told ABC News that the draft report explicitly used the word "insubordinate" to describe Comey's behavior. Another source agreed with that characterization but could not confirm the use of the term.

In the draft report, Inspector General Michael Horowitz also rebuked former Attorney General Loretta Lynch for her handling of the federal investigation into Hillary Clinton's personal email server, the sources said.

==================================

I think the leaks are starting to come out now, because people in the DoJ are seeing that they powers within the DoJ are trying to stall the report being released.

This report is going to sink Comey. Lynch looks to also be in some real trouble with this report.

The whole DoJ failure on the Clinton Email scandal is being exposed. This does not go well for team Obama.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
It looks like the primary complaint about Comey was his handling of the Clinton e-mail investigation, nothing in that report giving any props to Trump whatsoever.

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
It looks like the primary complaint about Comey was his handling of the Clinton e-mail investigation, nothing in that report giving any props to Trump whatsoever.
That's a strange comment. It's not supposed to "give props to Trump", and that has nothing to do with the topic.

The report is about reviewing the DoJ and what they have revealed already is damning to Comey and Lynch with a ton more to come. If the DoJ tries to slow walk this more, I think we can expect more leaks. I am no fan of leaks, but what the DoJ is doing here is not right either.

Jul 2014
Border Fence
thread title misleading and fake.

DOJ watchdog did not concluded anything. That is a fucking lie.

It it had...there would have been a report released to read.

This is ABC's bait and switch...

The Justice Department's internal watchdog has concluded that James Comey defied authority at times during his tenure as FBI director, according to sources familiar with a draft report on the matter.

I don't blame the OP...so many people do not have a handle on context. It can be tough for some people.

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
thread title misleading and fake.

No DOJ watchdog concluded anything. That is a fucking lie.

It it had...there would have been a report to read.

This is ABC's bait and switch...

I don't blame the OP...so many people do not have a handle on context. It can be tough for some people.
I went with that ABC News had. Your point is important, because ABC, NBC, CBS, etc.... have been poor with their facts and the amount of anonymous sources anymore is troublesome to put it mildly.

We can only go with what they report, and as you noted, I used their headline.

Oct 2013
USA
So Trump's DOJ wants it both ways? Warning you have to know what Trump's attacks on Comey and Lynch have been. What a massively bad joke.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
The Clinton email stuff was a terrible situation for everyone. For it to happen in an election year, it was pretty hard to deal with in a way that would not unduly influence the election. I can see why the FBI fumbled it. Really what they should have done is fully investigate it, and only make statements to congress, and let congress handle the messages to the people, imo. My opinion is that Comey handled it poorly. I also think Clinton got away with some very poor decisions and practices. But I also don't see any of that as having anything to do with the Russia meddling investigation, or the Trump obstruction investigations.

I don't know if Trump colluded with Russia himself, but some folks on his team seem to have done so. Also, Trump has definitely obstructed the FBI and the DOJ in many ways, both the investigation, and the organizations... as well as engaged in intimidation tactics. It may be that there is no legal path forward on the bad things he has done, but I find that unlikely, since the GOP seemed to believe there were ways to indict, subpoena, and prosecute or at least impeach Bill Clinton for far less.

Sep 2014
United States
Could be because the IG report has absolutely nothing to do with Trump.

You TDS is out of control.