Don Jr. Cancels Fundraiser For G. P Bush Because of Aunt Laura's Separation Comments

Jul 2014
Border Fence
George P. Bush, Jeb's son, is Land Commissioner in Tx.

Report says Don Jr backed out an appearance for GPB fundraiser
due to Aunt Laura Bush's comments on child separation.

Despite the bruising 2016 GOP presidential campaign between Donald Trump and Jeb Bush, a source close to Don Jr. said the sons still get along.

But with the Bush family leading the GOP charge against Trump’s immigration tactics, Donald Jr. thought it best he sidestep the George P. Bush event, set for Monday, according to reports.

“Don was originally happy to do a favor for George P. and headline the fundraiser, but after Jeb’s incessant attacks, Don decided enough was enough and pulled the plug,” the source close to Trump Jr. told Politico.
This is a very odd story. ...I believe it's correct. My problem is I can't understand how George P could remain friends with Don jr. after what Donald said about George P's dad and mom.

Could you remain "friendly" with family members of a man that trashed your family?

Money is thicker than blood.

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
Interesting. You seem to judge people by whom they are related not the person individually. Maybe George P Bush and Donald Trump Jr do not see it that way and are able to remain friends.

Jul 2014
Border Fence
Interesting. You seem to judge people by whom they are related not the person individually. Maybe George P Bush and Donald Trump Jr do not see it that way and are able to remain friends.

Don jr is a defender of his father words and actions. He has ...in my view never broken with his fathers views.

Where I come from, a son is an extension of the father. Here, a son has to break clean of the father, if he does not believe what his father stands for.

Maybe it's a Texas thing. I thought it was a southern thing.

Oh, by the way...

"You seem to judge people by whom they are related not the person individually."

isn't that what Don Jr. is doing?

Last edited:

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
You also can't read too much into public reports about people being friends. They may run in the same circles and I mean meet once or twice a year. Rarely, is it friendship the way you and I think about it.

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
That the GOP would assign any value to Don Jr.'s presence at a fundraiser shows part of the problem here.

The man has recirculated tweets suggesting the kids at the border are actors.

Nov 2013
NY
That the GOP would assign any value to Don Jr.'s presence at a fundraiser shows part of the problem here.

The man has recirculated tweets suggesting the kids at the border are actors.
The baby man child is running the Trump organization and pleaded initially to stay out of the WH politics.. which he doesn't. Not since day 1.

nepotism is running rampant still through the Trumps, but that discussion the Dems gave up after the first 2 weeks as well.

If one would think how many targets the Trumps are offering, and how depressingly small the Dems effort is to cash in on it... yes, it's depressing.