Donald Trump’s debt to Deutsche Bank

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
Anybody else wondering if there's a connection?

Financial Times

Some of the appointments gave Deutsche more clout in boardrooms and on the party circuit. Tobin “Toby” Cobb, formerly of Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette, is the son of two US ambassadors. Justin Kennedy, a trader who arrived from Goldman to become one of Mr Trump’s most trusted associates over a 12-year spell at Deutsche, is the son of a Supreme Court justice. Mr Cobb, Mr Kennedy, Mr Stuart and Mr Offit could not be reached for comment. Through a spokesperson, Mr Schwartz and Mr Vaccaro declined to comment.
Think this might be another piece of the puzzle why Trump is gunning for Maxine?

Maxine Waters, however, a Democratic congresswoman representing Los Angeles, is determined to keep the bank in regulators’ crosshairs. As the ranking member of the House financial services committee, she is demanding a broad range of financial records from Deutsche, to look for links between Moscow and Mr Trump, his close family members, business associates and others he has dealt with in the past. Deutsche has refused to supply the materials requested, saying it must respect “laws and internal policies designed to protect confidential customer information”.

In July, after two failed attempts to obtain records from Deutsche, Ms Waters and three Democratic colleagues brought a resolution to the floor of the Capitol building to compel the Treasury Department’s financial crimes enforcement network to turn over documents.
So many questions.

I thought I had heard at some point in the last six months that Deutsche Bank had, in fact, turned over the requested records. Any corroboration out there? A preliminary search turn up nothing.

Oh wait! I forgot to search by "Mueller."

Democratic lawmakers have repeatedly asked Deutsche for details of its dealings with Mr Trump, but because Republicans control both houses of Congress, such requests do not have the power of a subpoena. The bank said it could not co-operate unless it was served with a subpoena or the documents were formally requested by a congressional committee.

Maxine Waters, the Democratic congresswoman and ranking member on the House financial services committee, said on Tuesday: “I am pleased to see reports that special counsel Mueller is following the Trump money trail, as I have always believed it is the key to piecing together the ties between the President, his associates, and the Kremlin.”

Privately, senior executives at Deutsche were eagerly awaiting a subpoena as they maintained the bank had nothing to hide, arguing there was no smoking gun in Mr Trump’s accounts.
I'll be contributing more information later. God only knows what I'm doing up at this time of day.

Reactions: 3 people
Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
They were discussing yesterday how close the Kennedy family were tto Trump.

Kennedy just sullied his long time reputation by giving in to Trump.

Jul 2014
Border Fence
Anybody else wondering if there's a connection?

Financial Times

Think this might be another piece of the puzzle why Trump is gunning for Maxine?

So many questions.

I thought I had heard at some point in the last six months that Deutsche Bank had, in fact, turned over the requested records. Any corroboration out there? A preliminary search turn up nothing.

Oh wait! I forgot to search by "Mueller."

I'll be contributing more information later. God only knows what I'm doing up at this time of day.
I say Waters should leave the investigation of Trump to Mueller. It was reported long ago the connection between Duetsche bank, Wilbur Ross, and Trump Inc.
'
Mueller is sorting it all out.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Are you guys shitting on your own Lib now? .... ROFL
Kennedy is a moderate conservative nominated by a conservative President.

As to Trump ... he could have avoided these issues by placing his assets in a blind trust, as has been customary for presidents, in order to avoid even the appearance of impropriety. As it is, Trump is clearly using the presidency to advance his own business interests, rather than the common good.

Reactions: 4 people