Donald Trump: Alpha Male Of Planet Earth

Jan 2016
Colorado
This is funny! In my latest issue of New Scientist magazine, there is some pungent psycho-analysis of Donald Trump!

Christopher Boehm is a professor of biological sciences and anthropology at Southern Cal. And he says there are eeries similarities between the behavior of Donald Trump, and the behavior of alpha male chimpanzees!

A few excerpts:

Donald Trump's attempt to be the Republican party nominee for the US Presidential election has often defied pundits, who initially dismissed his chance of gaining any real public support.

Cue various attempts to explain how this colorful character came to the fore. For my money, I turn to primate politics and the tactics of alpha males. His model of political posturing echoes what I saw when while studying Tanzania's wild Gombe chimpanzees.

One stood out: Goblin, and alpha male. He threatened or attacked rivals who looked like they might challenge him, often acting sharply and pre-emptively. Similarly, Trump knows who and when to attack to maximize intimidation.

In an attack, the male chimp's long black hair stands on end as he charges his rival, which may either race up a tree screaming, or stand and fight. Trump's competitors have mostly been racing up trees, though nearest rival Ted Cruz has started to fight back---last week he beat Trump into second place in Iowa.

Before Goblin's time, there was Mike. He was an innovator, noisily using oil cans in his displays and terrifying peers. Trump has innovated in a similar way. His oil cans are his bald insults, his threats against the Republican establishment and the media, and his freedom from relying on contributions from those with vested interests......

If Trump defies his critics and emerges from the electoral jungle victorious, it will be interesting to see if he is as aggressive in getting things done for those who elected him as he has been in trying to be alpha male of an entire planet.

LeRoy: That's it! That's IT!!! Donald Trump is trying to be the alpha male of the entire planet Earth! And this comparison of his behavior to the behavior of alpha males in chimpanzee troops is actually HIGHLY enlightening!

Of course, the Donald realizes that there is another candidate for alpha male of the entire planet, namely, Vladimir Putin. Which is why those two are warily circling each other, professing admiration for each other's character and leadership skills, and etc. But make no mistake: if you put those two guys in a small room, sparks would fly! And they wouldn't be sparks of attraction!

Watch out, Donald: There is also Xi Jinping, ALSO trying to be alpha male of the planet, though in a much more under-stated Chinese kind of way. But Xi Jinping just might be the most dangerous of the three!

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Does Donald's orange combover resemble the Alpha Male? You have to admit it stands right up,unless it is windy. Then it stands straight out..:):monkey::f_run::smiley_ROFLMAO:

Nov 2013
None of your business
This is funny! In my latest issue of New Scientist magazine, there is some pungent psycho-analysis of Donald Trump!

Christopher Boehm is a professor of biological sciences and anthropology at Southern Cal. And he says there are eeries similarities between the behavior of Donald Trump, and the behavior of alpha male chimpanzees!

A few excerpts:

Donald Trump's attempt to be the Republican party nominee for the US Presidential election has often defied pundits, who initially dismissed his chance of gaining any real public support.

Cue various attempts to explain how this colorful character came to the fore. For my money, I turn to primate politics and the tactics of alpha males. His model of political posturing echoes what I saw when while studying Tanzania's wild Gombe chimpanzees.

One stood out: Goblin, and alpha male. He threatened or attacked rivals who looked like they might challenge him, often acting sharply and pre-emptively. Similarly, Trump knows who and when to attack to maximize intimidation.

In an attack, the male chimp's long black hair stands on end as he charges his rival, which may either race up a tree screaming, or stand and fight. Trump's competitors have mostly been racing up trees, though nearest rival Ted Cruz has started to fight back---last week he beat Trump into second place in Iowa.

Before Goblin's time, there was Mike. He was an innovator, noisily using oil cans in his displays and terrifying peers. Trump has innovated in a similar way. His oil cans are his bald insults, his threats against the Republican establishment and the media, and his freedom from relying on contributions from those with vested interests......

If Trump defies his critics and emerges from the electoral jungle victorious, it will be interesting to see if he is as aggressive in getting things done for those who elected him as he has been in trying to be alpha male of an entire planet.

LeRoy: That's it! That's IT!!! Donald Trump is trying to be the alpha male of the entire planet Earth! And this comparison of his behavior to the behavior of alpha males in chimpanzee troops is actually HIGHLY enlightening!

Of course, the Donald realizes that there is another candidate for alpha male of the entire planet, namely, Vladimir Putin. Which is why those two are warily circling each other, professing admiration for each other's character and leadership skills, and etc. But make no mistake: if you put those two guys in a small room, sparks would fly! And they wouldn't be sparks of attraction!

Watch out, Donald: There is also Xi Jinping, ALSO trying to be alpha male of the planet, though in a much more under-stated Chinese kind of way. But Xi Jinping just might be the most dangerous of the three!

I hate shit like this, let's call it as it is DONALD TRUMP IS A TALKING YAM,,,, AND THAT'S ABOUT IT!

Jan 2016
Colorado
I probably should have titled this thread "Donald Trump Is Behaving Like A Chimpanzee".

It would likely be getting more comments that way....

Nov 2013
None of your business
I probably should have titled this thread "Donald Trump Is Behaving Like A Chimpanzee".

It would likely be getting more comments that way....

That's alright pal, we know, we know the talking yam likes to fling shit out of his cage at people.

he's cheap that way, at the zoo, you have to buy a ticket to see it.

Regards
Pace

Jan 2016
Colorado
Where are all the Trump supporters?!? You know, to defend their man against these vile accusations that he is acting like a chimpanzee?

Jan 2016
Colorado
Is that why he has that whispy Crest of Golden-Orange Hair (or are they downy feathers?) on his head?
Well, that makes him look more like an orangutan than a chimpanzee, and alpha male orangutans aren't NEARLY as aggressive as alpha male chimpanzees, or Donald Trump.