Donald Trump, Alpha?

May 2012
By the wall
Yes. Because calling someone an asshole who may be too big a jerk for the GOP is an absolutely ringing endorsement.

Jesus, dude.
Did you actually read the article? Yes they called him an asshole but they are saying we need more assholes. Overall, a very positive article for trump. They gave him lots of compliments.

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
Did you actually read the article? Yes they called him an asshole but they are saying we need more assholes. Overall, a very positive article for trump. They gave him lots of compliments.
Did you??

But this is not our situation. The stakes, I submit, are much, much higher. If Trump makes a giant mess of things, in part for being oblivious to how much he is disrupting, why assume the disorder would be contained to politics? While he wouldn’t usher in Hobbes’s “war of all against all,” he really could make needless war, with an unsteady hand on the nuclear button, and bring much bloodshed, or violence in the streets, along with an ever-deepening distrust that ensures what could be an irreversible devolution.

I’m not saying it will happen. I am saying it really could happen. I’m saying that nearly everything is at stake in the Trump gamble, with radically uncertain outcomes. So our question is: shall we play republic roulette? Do we feel very, very lucky?

With the very foundations of our democratic republic potentially broken, I say we shouldn’t take our chances.

Jun 2014
United States

I'm content not being associated with any group that would argue that what the world really needs is more assholes.