Donald Trump Jr. Criticizes London Mayor After Deadly Attack

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
It has become something of an online custom in the social media age to react to tragic news stories — like Wednesday’s attack in London — with well-meaning if sometimes rote messages like “thoughts and prayers.” But that does not appear to be Donald Trump Jr.’s style.

“You have to be kidding me?!” Mr. Trump said Wednesday afternoon on Twitter, as details of the episode — which left at least five dead and 40 injured — continued to unfold. The message continued, “Terror attacks are part of living in big city, says London Mayor Sadiq Khan.”

Mr. Trump, the oldest son of President Trump, was calling attention to an article from September in The Independent, a British newspaper, that described Mr. Khan’s reaction to a bombing then in the Chelsea neighborhood of New York City.
Mr. Trump mischaracterized the London mayor’s remarks. Mr. Khan did not describe terrorism as “part of living in a big city,” as if bombings and shootings were an inescapable fact of life. He said that terrorism preparedness, including providing sufficient support to the police, was “part and parcel of living in a great global city.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/22/us/politics/donald-trump-jr-criticizes-london-mayor-after-deadly-attack.html?_r=0

there are no words to describe how sick I am of this family. I hope the Brits go after any business dealings the Trump's have in England and, henceforth, ban them from their country. ALL OF THEM.

Reactions: 3 people
Jun 2016
Gotham
It has become something of an online custom in the social media age to react to tragic news stories — like Wednesday’s attack in London — with well-meaning if sometimes rote messages like “thoughts and prayers.” But that does not appear to be Donald Trump Jr.’s style.

“You have to be kidding me?!” Mr. Trump said Wednesday afternoon on Twitter, as details of the episode — which left at least five dead and 40 injured — continued to unfold. The message continued, “Terror attacks are part of living in big city, says London Mayor Sadiq Khan.”

Mr. Trump, the oldest son of President Trump, was calling attention to an article from September in The Independent, a British newspaper, that described Mr. Khan’s reaction to a bombing then in the Chelsea neighborhood of New York City.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/22/us/politics/donald-trump-jr-criticizes-london-mayor-after-deadly-attack.html?_r=0

there are no words to describe how sick I am of this family. I hope the Brits go after any business dealings the Trump's have in England and, henceforth, ban them from their country. ALL OF THEM.

That because there are no words in the English language to adequately describe the depth of the dickatude of the Sunkist klan.

Reactions: 5 people
Sep 2016
My own world
The attack in London occurred at 2:40 pm which was on a Federal building of which the Prime Minister is directly responsible.

The mayor of London, after getting updates from police and emergency workers puts out a statement:

At 4.26pm . The mayor, Sadiq Khans' statment read: "There has been a serious incident near to Parliament Square this afternoon which is being treated as a terrorist attack until the police know otherwise.

“I have spoken to the Acting Commissioner. The Metropolitan Police Service is dealing with the incident and an urgent investigation is underway. My thoughts are with those affected and their families.

“I would like to express my thanks to the police and emergency services who work so hard to keep us safe and show tremendous bravery in exceptionally difficult circumstances."

Later Scotland Yard confirmed the deaths shortly before 6pm but further requests for comment were being referred back to the statement made at 430pm as an update was not ready. Mr Khan’s office remained silent until 7.30pm when he released a follow up video with as much information as was available.

Sadiq Khan issued a video statement, vowing "Londoners will never be cowed by terrorism."

At least five people have died after a knifeman mowed down pedestrians on Westminster Bridge then stabbed a policeman in front of Parliament before being shot by armed officers.

He said: “Today London suffered a horrific attack near Parliament Square which we are treating as a terror attack.

My heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones and to everyone who has been affected.

“Tragically, a Metropolitan Police officer who was doing his duty protecting out city is amongst those who have been killed and my thoughts are with his family this evening.

“I want to express my gratitude, on behalf of all Londoners, to the police and emergency services who have shown tremendous bravery in exceptionally difficult circumstances.

“I have spoken to the Acting Commissioner Metropolitan Police Commissioner Craig Mackay and national lead for Counter-Terrorism Policing and Acting Deputy Commissioner Mark Rowley and remain in close contact with them.
“Londoners should be aware that there will be additional armed and unarmed police officers on our streets from tonight in order to keep Londoners, and all those visiting out city safe.

“I want to reassure all Londoners, and all our visitors, not to be alarmed. Our city remains one of the safest in the world.

“London is the greatest city in the world and we stand together in the face of those who seek to harm us and destroy our way of life.

“We always have and we always will. Londoners will never be cowed by terrorism.”

**I don't know but considering the attack was at 240 and the mayor puts out a statement at 430 with what he knows up to then as the scene is still unravelling makes sense. Then when the police confirmed the number dead at 6pm and the Mayor had more details and a complete picture of the days events he makes video statement at 730pm.

I really don't understand why the Mayor is being criticized as he did respond to the situation within 2 hours of the event and he put out a second video statement released when more information was available 3 hours after that.

Donald Trump Jr instead of sending his condolences out to the Mayor of London or to the people of the UK he tweets a headline about the cities Mayor linked to a head line from an old article dated 22 September 2016, "Terror attacks are part of living in big city", says London Mayor Sadiq Khan

Donald Trump Jr tweets:
https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr
[B]You have to be kidding me?!: Terror attacks are part of living in big city, says London Mayor Sadiq Khan.

**What was the purpose of Donald Trump Jr's tweets? He showed himself to be more of ass than his father and that is difficult to do.

Sadiq Khan: London mayor says terror attacks 'part and parcel' of living in a major city | The Independent

Last edited:
Oct 2010
A place not infested with lying partisan hacks
As Donald Trump Jr. Slams London’s Mayor, Donald Trump Sr. Endangers New York City

As Donald Trump Jr. Slams London?s Mayor, Donald Trump Sr. Endangers New York City - The Daily Beast

After tweeting his disdain for the mayor of London in the aftermath of Wednesday’s terror attack there, Donald Trump, Jr. returned to living and working and raising his kids in a city that his father’s budget would leave dramatically more vulnerable to just such an attack.
Last week, word that President Trump’s budget would cut $190 million in Homeland security funding to New York prompted NYPD Commissioner James O’Neill to say the move would deprive the city of “the backbone of our entire counterterrorism apparatus.”
“This funding is absolutely critical,” O’Neill said. “It is the cornerstone of preparedness and prevention against terrorist threats, and enables us to do what we can do to keep the city secure.”

In a tweet of his own, O’Neill said, “Under @POTUS budget, virtually all fed funding to #NYPD eradicated. Entire counterterrorism apparatus in nation’s top terror target hobbled.”
Donald, Jr. was tweetless about the peril to his hometown, but he went right to Twitter after Wednesday’s attack in London in which an English-born terrorist killed four using an automobile and a knife:
“You have to be kidding me?!: Terror attacks are part of living in big city, says London Mayor Sadiq Khan.”
Donald, Jr. was quoting a headline to that effect in the British newspaper The Independent. He included a link to the article, but perhaps the headline was all he read—as if it were CNN unplugged—- and he thought it applied to Wednesday’s attack.