Donald Trump Really Does Not Know The Difference Between England, Great Britain And T

Feb 2007
In my mind
No. No Donald, they did not "used to call it England". England is still England. Great Britain is still an island and an entity consisting of 3 countries. The UK is still Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Christ on a bike Don, your own mother was Scottish. How is this so confusing?

https://www.esquire.com/uk/latest-n...nce-between-england-great-britain-and-the-uk/

However, while Theresa May's government scrambles to put itself in a position to get a decent deal with Trump's White House, it doesn't sound like Trump actually knows what country he's meant to be dealing with.

"I have great respect for the U.K. United Kingdom. Great respect. People call it Britain. They call it Great Britain. They used to call it England, different parts."

Last edited:

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Well, he thought people needed ID to buy groceries, so this isn't surprising.

It probably only helps his approval ratings with his beloved uneducated.

Nov 2015
UK
Just like Wales and Scotland, England is commonly referred to as a country but it is not a sovereign state. It is the largest country within the United Kingdom both by landmass and population, has taken a pivitol role in the creation of the UK, and its capital London also happens to be the capital of the UK.

It is perhaps understandable then that England is often (although incorrectly) used as a term to describe the whole of the UK.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
No. No Donald, they did not "used to call it England". England is still England. Great Britain is still an island and an entity consisting of 3 countries. The UK is still Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Christ on a bike Don, your own mother was Scottish. How is this so confusing?

https://www.esquire.com/uk/latest-n...nce-between-england-great-britain-and-the-uk/

However, while Theresa May's government scrambles to put itself in a position to get a decent deal with Trump's White House, it doesn't sound like Trump actually knows what country he's meant to be dealing with.

"I have great respect for the U.K. United Kingdom. Great respect. People call it Britain. They call it Great Britain. They used to call it England, different parts."
Scary, ain't it?

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
RW Conservatives: Stupid And PROUD Of It!!!
No, not stupid. They see him just as clearly as you or I do, for the most part.

But they DON'T CARE. Trump is meeting some massive, deep sense of having been cheated out of their God-given white supremacy, and they don't care if he nukes New York, as long as he keeps jerking them off.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
No, not stupid. They see him just as clearly as you or I do, for the most part.

But they DON'T CARE. Trump is meeting some massive, deep sense of having been cheated out of their God-given white supremacy, and they don't care if he nukes New York, as long as he keeps jerking them off.

If this is the face of someone who's been jerked off, she must have a really bad bladder infection or something because she looks miserable.