Dozens of people have been arrested over threats to commit mass attacks since the El Paso and Dayton shootings

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
(CNN) Some are teenagers accused of threatening to gun down classmates. Others allegedly issued social media warnings of attacks on store customers or coworkers. Still others are said to have vowed to unleash small arsenals against victims based on their race or religion. More than two dozen people have been arrested over threats to commit mass shootings in the weeks since 31 people were killed in one August weekend in shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio,
The raft of cases follows a directive by the FBI director immediately after those two massacres for agency offices nationwide to conduct a new threat assessment in an effort to thwart more mass attacks. Dozens of people have been arrested over threats to commit mass attacks since the El Paso and Dayton shootings - CNN
as former airport security I can attest to the fact that some college students thought it was hilarious to joke about bombs in their luggage . Its not that it was a matter of how credible a threat it was. It was the threat itself . Airport Police did not play around . They went to jail and they were charged . Glad to see FBI Director Wray is showing leadership on this issue. He is singularly Trumps best cabinet nominee. Law enforcement as well . Excellent work .

Reactions: HayJenn and HCProf

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
(CNN) Some are teenagers accused of threatening to gun down classmates. Others allegedly issued social media warnings of attacks on store customers or coworkers. Still others are said to have vowed to unleash small arsenals against victims based on their race or religion. More than two dozen people have been arrested over threats to commit mass shootings in the weeks since 31 people were killed in one August weekend in shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio,
The raft of cases follows a directive by the FBI director immediately after those two massacres for agency offices nationwide to conduct a new threat assessment in an effort to thwart more mass attacks. Dozens of people have been arrested over threats to commit mass attacks since the El Paso and Dayton shootings - CNN
as former airport security I can attest to the fact that some college students thought it was hilarious to joke about bombs in their luggage . Its not that it was a matter of how credible a threat it was. It was the threat itself . Airport Police did not play around . They went to jail and they were charged . Glad to see FBI Director Wray is showing leadership on this issue. He is singularly Trumps best cabinet nominee. Law enforcement as well . Excellent work .
I saw this last night. Thank, goodness not only for the FBI and LE agencies but more people stepping forward to alert authorities.

Reactions: the watchman

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
I saw this last night. Thank, goodness not only for the FBI and LE agencies but more people stepping forward to alert authorities.
But Trump hates the FBI.
He doesn't like them arresting his supporters. (do we have any doubt who these scumbags support?)

I'm amazed he and Barr haven't stopped this FBI program. (I'll bet they've tried)

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
don't get why dems can't capitalize on gun violence is America ? Republican members of Congress are afraid of a primary challenged by their own party if they support any gun legislation that the NRA doesn't like. With Moscow Mitch leading the herd. He's one smug sob because he's so confident he can't be beat. Democrats need to be focused on him as much as Trump. Now is the time to strike because polls have identified gun violence as an issue that trump is vulnerable . I just don't get how dems are being so complacent when I see headlines about "dozens" of mass murder plots? If this were Republicans with those kinds of headlines they'd be having Democrats for dinner .