Duke / Alabama

Jul 2018
North Carolina
Dayum my Blue Devils got their collective @$$es kicked today by the Alabama roll tide.
I was hopeful after a scoreless 1st quarter, but then my dream of a win was slowly crushed like that of a damn python squeezing its prey to death. :freeze::injured:

Dammit Duke :lol:

Jun 2014
United States
Pretty crafty of Coach Cutcliffe to come out running the triple option. Bama had spent exactly zero time preparing for that.

He's a great HC and Duke has a good football program. They won't have to play Clemson or Alabama every week.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Dayum my Blue Devils got their collective @$$es kicked today by the Alabama roll tide.
I was hopeful after a scoreless 1st quarter, but then my dream of a win was slowly crushed like that of a damn python squeezing its prey to death. :freeze::injured:

Dammit Duke :lol:
If it's any consolation to you, Akosikojak, Alabama entertains that mighty gridiron foe, New Mexico State, this next Saturday. Last I checked, Alabama was a 55.5 point favorite.

That's probably not enough.

So the ignominy of your Duke's 39 point loss to Alabama will be surpassed, and it will recede into the background, as most bad memories do.

Reactions: Akosikojak
Jun 2014
United States
Just remember how much fun it was beating the crap out of the Big Ten West Division Champions in your second game of last year's season. ;)

Jan 2016
Colorado
Just remember how much fun it was beating the crap out of the Big Ten West Division Champions in your second game of last year's season. ;)
I hate Northwestern. I hate Pat Fitzgerald.

There. I've said it. I've gotten it off my chest. Good, old-fashioned, honest and wholesome hatred.

Fuck those guys.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Yeah, I feel the same way about Vandy. ;)

Not really.
Well, Vanderbilt has never risen up and BEATEN your Alabama team, even with lesser talent. Northwestern was doing that in almost all of its Big Ten games last year. And they did go on to stage an amazing comeback against Utah in their bowl game. Utah was way up at halftime. The second half was totally different.

Jul 2018
North Carolina
Pretty crafty of Coach Cutcliffe to come out running the triple option. Bama had spent exactly zero time preparing for that.

He's a great HC and Duke has a good football program. They won't have to play Clemson or Alabama every week.
Yeah I like Coach Cutcliffe because he got us into some bowl games, and made us a better team overall IMO. I agree he is an outstanding coach.

I am glad we don't have to play too many teams that are of Clemson or Alabama's caliber. At least not this year LOL.

Last edited:
Jul 2018
North Carolina
If it's any consolation to you, Akosikojak, Alabama entertains that mighty gridiron foe, New Mexico State, this next Saturday. Last I checked, Alabama was a 55.5 point favorite.

That's probably not enough.

So the ignominy of your Duke's 39 point loss to Alabama will be surpassed, and it will recede into the background, as most bad memories do.
New Mexico has a football team? ;).

I was hopeful Duke was gonna keep it a close game, but that $hit got squashed. Oh well LOL.

I love Duke win or lose.