Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson criticized for aquarium visit

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Ridiculous...

He’s one of the most likeable actors in Hollywood, but not even Dwayne “the Rock” Johnson can emerge from an aquarium unscathed.

The Skyscraper star took his family — including girlfriend Lauren Hashian and 2-year-old daughter Jasmine — to the Georgia Aquarium over the weekend. Johnson shared photos from the trip on Instagram and gushed about the sea life on display.

“More than 100,000 animals and sea creatures here that I’m in constant awe of,” he told fans.

But his family outing didn’t sit well with animal rights supporters who object to aquariums, zoos, and parks like SeaWorld that keep animals in captivity.

One fan called Johnson’s visit “cruel,” while another remarked that she was “so disappointed.” “This is sad,” added a commenter, who was one of many to use the anti-captivity hashtag #EmptyTheCages. “They DON’T BELONG IN CAPTIVITY,” a commenter added. “Animals are NOT for our entertainment.”

“Animal cruelty and captivity should not be supported, let alone promoted,” read a comment that fetched more than 1,100 likes. “I thought you were a man of principles whose views would be against such concepts.”

The actor has yet to address the controversy and shared a new video from the trip Monday morning.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...son-aquarium-trip-disappointed-134324707.html

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Ridiculous...

He’s one of the most likeable actors in Hollywood, but not even Dwayne “the Rock” Johnson can emerge from an aquarium unscathed.

The Skyscraper star took his family — including girlfriend Lauren Hashian and 2-year-old daughter Jasmine — to the Georgia Aquarium over the weekend. Johnson shared photos from the trip on Instagram and gushed about the sea life on display.

“More than 100,000 animals and sea creatures here that I’m in constant awe of,” he told fans.

But his family outing didn’t sit well with animal rights supporters who object to aquariums, zoos, and parks like SeaWorld that keep animals in captivity.

One fan called Johnson’s visit “cruel,” while another remarked that she was “so disappointed.” “This is sad,” added a commenter, who was one of many to use the anti-captivity hashtag #EmptyTheCages. “They DON’T BELONG IN CAPTIVITY,” a commenter added. “Animals are NOT for our entertainment.”

“Animal cruelty and captivity should not be supported, let alone promoted,” read a comment that fetched more than 1,100 likes. “I thought you were a man of principles whose views would be against such concepts.”

The actor has yet to address the controversy and shared a new video from the trip Monday morning.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...son-aquarium-trip-disappointed-134324707.html
O FFS. These are people who have some neurotic need to bully other humans. I do not believe they care about animals.

Nov 2010
O FFS. These are people who have some neurotic need to bully other humans. I do not believe they care about animals.
Yup, its ridiculous The Georgia Aquarium is really nice. These fish don't have to worry about food and don't have to worry about being eaten, they can swim around in their nice tank all day

Jul 2014
Border Fence
I don't think Duane would have went to the Circus or to SeaWorld.

Some people see having a shark or sea turtle in a tank no different than a lion or elephant in a cage or a killer whale in a tank.

Duane has enough clout to where he could have gone to SeaWorld to see how they rescue ill, injured, or trapped animals from the wild and rehabilitate them.

[video=youtube;G_8g74C9rTA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_8g74C9rTA[/video]

Jun 2014
United States
And he was giving free publicity to the aquarium.

Good publicity, it would seem.

No good deed goes unpunished...

Who's been punished? I doubt that Johnson is the kind of whiny, crybaby drama queen who lets this kind of nonsense get under his skin.

PETA and other such organizations have every right to voice their opinions, and he has every right to ignore them.