Earth’s population is mostly religious and Left winged.

Apr 2010
Australia
Millions of conservatives are not religious. I’m one example, being both an atheist and a conservative. There are millions of others like me. Yet the Left always say Conservatives are bible bashers.”

If your average middle-class Republican’s 14 year old daughter gets pregnant, most will arrange an abortion for her, despite the Left’s insistence that “all conservatives are anti-abortion”.

In the world we live in, the Left are far more religious than the Right.

There are 4.5 billion Asians, and most are religious. The great majority are left winged.

There are 1.3 billion Africans, and most are religious. The great majority are left winged.

South America has half a billion people, and most are religious, and the great majority are left winged.

There are 220 million people in the Middle East. Most are religious, and the great majority are left winged.

There are 123 million Mexicans, most of whom are religious, most of whom are left winged.

That adds up to 6.643 billion, which is nearly the whole population of Earth, and again, most are left winged. Yet Lefties like to chant “conservatives are religious, conservatives are religious!” More Fake News.

Apr 2010
Australia
What makes you think all those people are left winged?
I was born in Canada but travelled to England, Ireland and Scotland before settling in Melbourne Australia, where I grew up. Melbourne is very 'cosmopolitan' so I knew Chinese, Vietnamese, Italian, Sicilian, Greek, African, Indian, Pakistani, Russian, Lebanese, Arab, Jewish, Turkish, Indonesian, Malaysian, Taiwanese, Mexican, Brazilian, Korean and Japanese people, to name some. They were all Left winged except for the Koreans. Like them, I was conservative. It meant I had many fiery arguments. At first I assumed they were all lefties because Melbourne is pretty left winged itself, but after I ventured out on the net I found that most of these people were also left winged in America, England, etc.

This shouldn’t be confused with religion. You can have very religiously conservative Pakistanis, but they nearly all vote for the Democrats when they live in the U.S.

It’s because they largely want welfare, and will support the Party that supports their immigration. Under the Dems they know they can get all their family to immigrate easily. Under the Pubs it might not be so easy. Under the Dems they know they can go onto welfare when they arrive; not so easy under the Pubs.

May 2012
By the wall
The major flaw I see with your analysis is that are you applying the left and right definitions we use here in America to the rest of the world.

Most countries don't operate like that.

Many cultures apply different standards other than what we use to determine how they govern their society.

A leftist issue in the US may not apply to another nation.

This was something they taught us in international relations. Many nations such as in the ME have no concept of what left or right is. They just don't think like that.

Many in Africa have far different priorities than left or right.

Not sure about Asia, never studied them too closely.

Australia does of course and so do many in Europe.

Apr 2010
Australia
I'm talking about Left and Right in America, England, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Most of the aforementioned vote for the Left in those countries.

Dec 2015
SoCal
Millions of conservatives are not religious. I’m one example, being both an atheist and a conservative. There are millions of others like me. Yet the Left always say Conservatives are bible bashers.”

If your average middle-class Republican’s 14 year old daughter gets pregnant, most will arrange an abortion for her, despite the Left’s insistence that “all conservatives are anti-abortion”.

In the world we live in, the Left are far more religious than the Right.

There are 4.5 billion Asians, and most are religious. The great majority are left winged.

There are 1.3 billion Africans, and most are religious. The great majority are left winged.

South America has half a billion people, and most are religious, and the great majority are left winged.

There are 220 million people in the Middle East. Most are religious, and the great majority are left winged.

There are 123 million Mexicans, most of whom are religious, most of whom are left winged.

That adds up to 6.643 billion, which is nearly the whole population of Earth, and again, most are left winged. Yet Lefties like to chant “conservatives are religious, conservatives are religious!” More Fake News.
That sounds horrible.

All I can say is hang in there; don't be afraid to use that right wing, and don't fly into the sun.

Apr 2010
Australia
The funny thing is that the Left love - they just LOVE - saying that conservatives are religious. "The Religious Right" they bay, like demented wolves under the full moon. Yet, when you point out that most of the world's Lefties are extremely religious they run away like burn victims from a fire. :D

Dec 2013
Switzerland
Are you Rob Larrikin expressing something which sounds like a concept of anglocentrism ? You should try to go to the core of what differenciates conservative people from the ones you qualify belonging to the left. All the examples you gave may mean something locally but in other places it is totally irrelevant. Just to bring something to the debate, I would say that the right regroups people who are basically rather pessimistic about the future when people from the left are more optimistic........
It works perhaps for the Western World but for the others ? You could also say that conservatives are people who have something to loose and in fact are afraid to loose it, when leftists have nothing really to loose or are convinced that they can get more if their ideas are implemented. The difficulty of what you expressed about right v.s. left is similar to the one you have when trying to differenciate human races. In the DNA there is nothing substantial to make such a differenciation and for scientists there are no races, but you have different cultures which may lead to different behaviors in front of similar situations. So how to build a theory on Right v.s. Left ? It is mainly a question of circumstances and for example my country Switzerland which is considered as being in Europe a conservative country would look leftist to many conservative Americans......