Ebola virus getting out of hand in West Africa

Mar 2010
Indiana
I see two Americans, a doctor and nurse that took serious precautions have now contracted it.

I find it curious this gruesome virus that kills 90 percent of it's victims is not getting more attention. From what I learned in a microbiology course in college this thing could become a pandemic. Allegedly only spread by body fluids but the two above cases have that in question.

Remember when we were told if SARS spread from person to person vs. animal to person we would be in deep trouble? Funny that isn't even brought up in this case.

Thoughts?

Second American infected with Ebola - CNN.com

Reactions: 1 person
Jul 2014
Atlanta
By the way, does anyone believe the unaccompanied minors pouring over the border — 52,000 so far and 240,000 other migrants since April, according to The New York Times — have brought with them proof of vaccinations?

Mar 2010
Indiana
By the way, does anyone believe the unaccompanied minors pouring over the border — 52,000 so far and 240,000 other migrants since April, according to The New York Times — have brought with them proof of vaccinations?
So should we shoot them?

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
Vaccination rates in most of those countries are higher than they are in the United States.

Reactions: 1 person

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
This virus so far appears to be less deadly -- at least for those who get treatment -- and more easily spread. Which in terms of containment are both not good things.

But we gotta count our blessings, I guess. 50 to 60 percent mortality is sure a hell of a lot better than 90+ percent.