Eco-Friendly Straw Kills Woman

Jul 2011
UK/Australia
Next time you are driving with a milkshake, tell me how you don't need a straw! ;)
I beg to differ - you should not be operating a motor vehicle while imbibing in any sort of beverage - hot or cold. Stop somewhere and have your drink from the container, or preferably, wait until you reach your destination. The worst automotive design development has been cup holders.

Reactions: TennesseeRain

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
I beg to differ - you should not be operating a motor vehicle while imbibing in any sort of beverage - hot or cold. Stop somewhere and have your drink from the container, or preferably, wait until you reach your destination. The worst automotive design development has been cup holders.

and radios, climate control, nav. All these things need to be removed from vehicles.

window buttons. all sorts of distractions.....

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
You kids! I used to apply make up, yell at my kids, smoke a cigarette, change the radio station and drink coffee whilst driving!

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
and radios, climate control, nav. All these things need to be removed from vehicles.

I don't think I could cope with these new computer screens, from GPS to milage to the smartphone.

I can't turn left with the radio on anymore.

Age has dimmed my powers.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
I don't think I could cope with these new computer screens, from GPS to milage to the smartphone.

I can't turn left with the radio on anymore.

Age has dimmed my powers.

Just drive faster. IF you are faster than everyone else you never have to worry about whats behind you.

Reactions: Madeline

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Weirdo
Tesla. I can do my taxes.

Reactions: Madeline
Jul 2011
UK/Australia

Let's discuss this topic like grownups - shall we?

Exactly how distracting is resting your finger upon a window lift switch which you have used thousands of times, and the location of which is second nature to you? Climate control (at least in my car) is set for temperature, air flow, and humidity, and almost never needs resetting. Satellite navigation systems project instructions at infinity, and appear on the road ahead of you - the chosen destination is set before you depart, and the instructions are audible as well as legible - so no distractions there. I sometimes listen to music in my car, but I have masses of tracks on the hard drive - available at the touch of a button on the steering wheel (again no distraction there) and I seldom listen to the wireless, which is also accessed from the steering wheel. And we no longer need to turn on lights or windscreen wipers in modern cars.

Functions which are necessary to control and comfort are easily accessible on modern cars, but hot or cold drinks are not amongst their number, and I am perfectly capable of driving 1,000km without having to feed my face with either food or drink. And I am sure I don't have to remind anyone of the potential catastrophic results of spilling either a hot or cold drink on a high speed motorway.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Weirdo
Let's discuss this topic like grownups - shall we?

Exactly how distracting is resting your finger upon a window lift switch which you have used thousands of times, and the location of which is second nature to you? Climate control (at least in my car) is set for temperature, air flow, and humidity, and almost never needs resetting. Satellite navigation systems project instructions at infinity, and appear on the road ahead of you - the chosen destination is set before you depart, and the instructions are audible as well as legible - so no distractions there. I sometimes listen to music in my car, but I have masses of tracks on the hard drive - available at the touch of a button on the steering wheel (again no distraction there) and I seldom listen to the wireless, which is also accessed from the steering wheel. And we no longer need to turn on lights or windscreen wipers in modern cars.

Functions which are necessary to control and comfort are easily accessible on modern cars, but hot or cold drinks are not amongst their number, and I am perfectly capable of driving 1,000km without having to feed my face with either food or drink. And I am sure I don't have to remind anyone of the potential catastrophic results of spilling either a hot or cold drink on a high speed motorway.
Silly Leo, didn't you know that all Americans require 44oz (MINIMUM) of caffeinated sugar soda per day. Hell I'd be okay with one tank for gas, and one tank for soda and a straw integrated right into the car. A plastic, rubber, non-dangerous straw, but a straw.

Reactions: Madeline and Leo2