Eco-Friendly Straw Kills Woman

Sep 2014
USA
Metal straws aren't ecofriendly. They consume far more energy and resources to produce, and they're not needed. Just don't use plastic ones. Or any? Humanity somehow evolved without straws until the last century, we can do again.
I don't use straws at home but I can't stand for a cup or a glass in restaurant to touch my mouth. :) It seems too dirty for me. I carry a plastic, reusable straw in my purse for restaurants. I just throw it in the dishwasher after.

Jul 2014
midwest
and radios, climate control, nav. All these things need to be removed from vehicles.

window buttons. all sorts of distractions.....
Nah THOSE aren't the problem.

Cell phones are the main distraction, and it's not even even close.

Texting and talking and other phone apps are the vast majority of the problem.

Put cell phone disruptors on ALL cars.

Won't happen, though...

Jul 2011
UK/Australia
Nah THOSE aren't the problem.

Cell phones are the main distraction, and it's not even even close.

Texting and talking and other phone apps are the vast majority of the problem.

Put cell phone disruptors on ALL cars.

Won't happen, though...
You are correct. Even though my car has Bluetooth, I only ever have my phone on silent message when I am driving. I'm not so important that people have to be able to contact me every hour of the day, and studies have indicated that over 70% of one's attention is taken up by having telephone conversations while driving.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
I don't use straws at home but I can't stand for a cup or a glass in restaurant to touch my mouth. :) It seems too dirty for me. I carry a plastic, reusable straw in my purse for restaurants. I just throw it in the dishwasher after.
Uh.......the glass is dirty but you still swallow liquid poured into it?

Through a reusable straw you carry in your PURSE?