Ed Rendell lights pre debate stink bomb by attacking Elizabeth Warren

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Former Democratic National Committee chairman and Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell sparked a firestorm on social media by escalating attacks on Elizabeth Warren ahead of Thursday’s closely watched debate, assailing her as a “hypocrite” in an op-ed.

The article, published Wednesday evening in The Washington Post, came days after Rendell, a top surrogate for Joe Biden, was quoted in The New York Times saying that Warren "didn’t have any trouble” taking his money until she swore off high-dollar fundraisers for her presidential bid this year.

Hours before Thursday night’s debate, Rendell yet again stepped up his offensive on Warren by devising a new moniker for her supporters: "Elizabeth Elites.”

“The Elizabeth Elites have been pounding me on Twitter,” Rendell told POLITICO. “I’ve always been somewhat a target for the Bernie Bots because of 2016, but today I’m in great favor with the Bernie Bots. They really liked the column.”

Rendell’s blitz against Warren is the clearest sign yet by Biden’s backers that they see her as a big threat. Warren has risen in the polls in recent months to tie with Bernie Sanders for second place, squarely behind Biden.

Biden’s camp isn’t disavowing what Rendell said — and his aides are staying officially silent as Rendell’s attacks on Warren began trending on social media.

Rendell lights pre-debate stink bomb

Mar 2019
"US" of A
Of course, these debates are 3rd rate performance art and entertainent; it's all about the show folks.

CtC

Mar 2019
California
Former Democratic National Committee chairman and Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell sparked a firestorm on social media by escalating attacks on Elizabeth Warren ahead of Thursday’s closely watched debate, assailing her as a “hypocrite” in an op-ed.

The article, published Wednesday evening in The Washington Post, came days after Rendell, a top surrogate for Joe Biden, was quoted in The New York Times saying that Warren "didn’t have any trouble” taking his money until she swore off high-dollar fundraisers for her presidential bid this year.

Hours before Thursday night’s debate, Rendell yet again stepped up his offensive on Warren by devising a new moniker for her supporters: "Elizabeth Elites.”

“The Elizabeth Elites have been pounding me on Twitter,” Rendell told POLITICO. “I’ve always been somewhat a target for the Bernie Bots because of 2016, but today I’m in great favor with the Bernie Bots. They really liked the column.”

Rendell’s blitz against Warren is the clearest sign yet by Biden’s backers that they see her as a big threat. Warren has risen in the polls in recent months to tie with Bernie Sanders for second place, squarely behind Biden.

Biden’s camp isn’t disavowing what Rendell said — and his aides are staying officially silent as Rendell’s attacks on Warren began trending on social media.

Rendell lights pre-debate stink bomb
Rendell would make a good Candidate himself. Better than the wackos that ARE running.

Jan 2019
Between Missouri-Kansas
Ed "Blow-Hard" Rendell is a bigot having being hated for many years by millions of Democrats. He tried to destroy President Hillery Clinton.

Recent Similar Discussions Forum Date
Science / Technology
Recent Similar Discussions
Blinking lights on the horizon