ELCA becomes nation's first 'sanctuary denomination'

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
I have less problem with this. They were legal immigrants getting help from a church. Not this Trump protester church that tries to harbor illegals to fight Trump.

Now if the church is doing their job. The forefront of their mission is spreading the Gospel, not social justice. If you read a church's mission statement and their mission says "inclusion, lgbtq, justice" a red flag should go up.
A billion Catholics disagree with you.

Pope Francis says there can be no justice without ‘social rights’
ROME- According to Pope Francis, the world today is living in an era of changes where “the soul of our peoples is at stake.” On Tuesday, he called for the defense of social rights, saying that they’re not outdated but still contribute much to society.

“There is no democracy with hunger, nor development with poverty, nor justice in inequality,” Francis said.

Speaking to a summit of Pan-American judges meeting at the Vatican to discuss the theme “Social Rights and Franciscan Doctrine,” Francis said that he’s concerned that those who see social rights as outdated advance “economic and social policies that lead our peoples to the acceptance and justification of inequality and indignity.”
Now tell me the Pope is not a real Christian. His billion followers might disagree with you....

May 2019
midwest
Luthern church is also at the forefront of importing refugees and poverty to America.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2011/01/19/good-question-why-did-somalis-locate-here/
You didn't read your link.
:cool:

The Somalis are here as legal refugees, largely. The Somalis Minnesota story tracks to 1991, when civil war broke out in Somalia. Millions fled to refugee camps, many in Kenya.

Two years later, the first wave of Somali refugees were sent to Minnesota.

“In the beginning the U.S. federal government assigns people,” said Samatar.

To qualify as a refugee, there is a process. The U.S. State Department ultimately decides where refugees will live, but it has to do with the voluntary agencies, called VOLAGS, that contract with the State Department.

Minnesota has very active ones like Lutheran Social Services, Catholic Charities, and World Relief Minnesota. Those agencies agree to help the refugees get settled, to learn English, find housing, get health care, and begin a new life.

May 2019
midwest
I have less problem with this. They were legal immigrants getting help from a church. Not this Trump protester church that tries to harbor illegals to fight Trump.

Now if the church is doing their job. The forefront of their mission is spreading the Gospel, not social justice. If you read a church's mission statement and their mission says "inclusion, lgbtq, justice" a red flag should go up.
“But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and every herb, and neglect justice and the love of God. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others,” (Luke 11:42).

Jan 2007
You didn't read your link.

The Somalis are here as legal refugees, largely. The Somalis Minnesota story tracks to 1991, when civil war broke out in Somalia. Millions fled to refugee camps, many in Kenya.

Two years later, the first wave of Somali refugees were sent to Minnesota.

“In the beginning the U.S. federal government assigns people,” said Samatar.

To qualify as a refugee, there is a process. The U.S. State Department ultimately decides where refugees will live, but it has to do with the voluntary agencies, called VOLAGS, that contract with the State Department.

Minnesota has very active ones like Lutheran Social Services, Catholic Charities, and World Relief Minnesota. Those agencies agree to help the refugees get settled, to learn English, find housing, get health care, and begin a new life.
Yes they are legal refugees and these religious organizations are at the forefront of getting them here. Bring us Mogadishu

Jan 2007

The church could help the desperate right here in the local community, not importing welfare dependent poverty. Are these church groups being funded by the govt in assisting these refugees get set up here in the USA?

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
The church could help the desperate right here in the local community, not importing welfare dependent poverty. Are these church groups being funded by the govt in assisting these refugees get set up here in the USA?
I'm not really informed on what's going on in that denomination. I just know that if a church goes all social justice, it often has replaced the Gospel.

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
“But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and every herb, and neglect justice and the love of God. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others,” (Luke 11:42).
Social Justice does not equal Justice.

Social Justice is a power grab by leftists to "even the playing field" against white Christian males.

Reactions: THOR
Jan 2007
I'm not really informed on what's going on in that denomination. I just know that if a church goes all social justice, it often has replaced the Gospel.
Yep. The Methodists went far left decades ago. THough there are a few Methodist churches that slipped through and teach the gospel.

Reactions: ripskater