Elizabeth Warren Downplays Rise in Polls: ‘It’s Way Too Early’

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Democratic presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren shrugged off surveys showing her gaining support nationally and in some key early primary states, to place second behind front-runner Joe Biden.

“It’s way too early to talk about polls. What are we, eight months away from the first caucuses and primary elections?” the Massachusetts senator told reporters Saturday in Charleston, South Carolina.A national Economist/YouGov poll released on

Wednesday showed Warren in second place among the large Democratic field with 16%, behind former Vice President Biden’s 26% and ahead of Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders’s 12%.
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

remember that old school song "Spin the Wine"....."this really blew my mind". Yeah. Showing my age. But, that's the reaction I had when I read her response. She's right of course. But, it's a refreshing contrast to a president that's so obsessed with his poll numbers that he fires pollsters if he doesn't like them.

Warren started surging in the polls when she was the first candidate to come out and call for the impeachment of Trump. To this day Biden is still on the fence. I always saw Biden getting all up the personal space of Joy Reid yesterday and, quite frankly, he gave me the creeps. I've said it once and I'll say it again. Biden had his chance. If he win the nomination I'll vote for him. But, I still think the Democrats need to nominate someone that moves the party forward - not backwards.

Ok and yeah, wouldn't it be something for a woman that Trump has vilified the way he's has Warren to finally put him in his place? To go toe to toe with Trump on a debate stage. Countering his rude and obnoxious personality with a calm, cool, and collected policy tsunami.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
I think it's good political strategy on her part to not get her base all giddy at this point. There are still more months to go and anything can happen. She can go up some or go down some. But it sure appears that many are listening to her message and platform and like it enough to catapult her to the #2 slot at this juncture.

May 2012
By the wall

remember that old school song "Spin the Wine"....."this really blew my mind". Yeah. Showing my age. But, that's the reaction I had when I read her response. She's right of course. But, it's a refreshing contrast to a president that's so obsessed with his poll numbers that he fires pollsters if he doesn't like them.

Warren started surging in the polls when she was the first candidate to come out and call for the impeachment of Trump. To this day Biden is still on the fence. I always saw Biden getting all up the personal space of Joy Reid yesterday and, quite frankly, he gave me the creeps. I've said it once and I'll say it again. Biden had his chance. If he win the nomination I'll vote for him. But, I still think the Democrats need to nominate someone that moves the party forward - not backwards.

Ok and yeah, wouldn't it be something for a woman that Trump has vilified the way he's has Warren to finally put him in his place? To go toe to toe with Trump on a debate stage. Countering his rude and obnoxious personality with a calm, cool, and collected policy tsunami.
Just like Hillary did, right?

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
I think it's good political strategy on her part to not get her base all giddy at this point. There are still more months to go and anything can happen. She can go up some or go down some. But it sure appears that many are listening to her message and platform and like it enough to catapult her to the #2 slot at this juncture.
she's not going to be fooled by the polls .
Smart .

Jun 2014
United States

Meh. Hillary kicked Trump's ass in the debates. I don't think debates matter any longer.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
She's right. It's too early for the polls to be predictive of the eventual outcome. Warren may have left-leaning policies, but she does also have a pragmatic streak. That's not a bad thing.
her career in law and economics , being a professor, it shows. Bit of a "geek" in a nice way. Very refreshing compared to Trump.

May 2012
By the wall
She's right. It's too early for the polls to be predictive of the eventual outcome. Warren may have left-leaning policies, but she does also have a pragmatic streak. That's not a bad thing.
Yes and Trumps biggest strength is on the campaign trail. He excels at motivating people which makes him a very, very dangerous opponent and is exactly the reason why he beat Hillary.

Until he squares off with the eventual democratic nominee we aren't going to have a feeling of how its going.

His disadvantage is that he would have had 3+ years of things for the democrat to hit him with.

His advantage is that he also can tout some big successes.

Its going to come down to who can rally their base to go out and vote since each side is sitting at around 47% of the voters.

Should be a good race.

Jun 2014
United States
His advantage is that he also can tout some big successes.

Right... He built his Great Wall and Mexico is paying for it. He brought back coal mining and automobile manufacturing jobs. He shut down the nuclear weapons programs in North Korea and Iran. He passed health-care legislation that covers all Americans.

His minions actually believe that he did all of these things, but sane people will continue to believe what they see with their lying eyes.