Elizabeth Warren- telling it like it is

Jun 2011
In a better place than u
"There is nobody in this country who got rich on his own. Nobody. You built a factory out there—good for you.
But I want to be clear. You moved your goods to market on the roads the rest of us paid for. You hired workers
that the rest of us paid to educate...Part of the underlying social contract is you take a hunk of that and pay
forward for the next kid who comes along."
-- Democrat Elizabeth Warren, listing the facts and giving people reasons to vote for her Link

...and there's a 100 more ways that no business or company got successful or survived thru "rough individualism" or "without govt. help or handouts". They all owe their existence to government help and handouts, in one form or another.

anonymous

Former Staff
Jun 2008
Passing Through
-- Democrat Elizabeth Warren, listing the facts and giving people reasons to vote for her Link

...and there's a 100 more ways that no business or company got successful or survived thru "rough individualism" or "without govt. help or handouts". They all owe their existence to government help and handouts, in one form or another.
Yea, and the point being?

Sep 2007
the state of confusion
warren couldn't tell it the way it is with a prepared speech and a teleprompter.

Jan 2011
Boise, Idaho

ALL. Hmmm I can't wait for you to prove this...case by case. Short of doing that, it's nothing more than a far left libbie trying to excuse entitlements.

Nov 2010
Yeah, I've made similar arguments, they tend to fall on deaf ears and get ignored. For one, we benefit from taxation and the things the gov't does to give us security, infrastructure, education, etc. I usually make this argument when people complain about the rich paying more in taxes, in that I think they also use more from tax dollars. They benefit more from an educated workforce, they have hte roads to move their products and strong infrastructure, laws and police/military to protect their assets, in which they have more, etc.

Reactions: Babba