Elizabeth Warren's challenger sues over "Fake Indian" sign

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
This guy is something else...

A U.S. Senate candidate is suing the city of Cambridge, saying officials violated his First Amendment rights by demanding he remove a sign from a campaign bus that read: “Only a REAL INDIAN Can Defeat the Fake Indian.”

Shiva Ayyadurai, who was born in India, is running as an independent against Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren. The slogan refers to claims Warren has made about Native American ancestry. It appears with an image of Warren that someone manipulated to show her in a Native American headdress.

The federal lawsuit filed April 22 says the Cambridge building inspector told the campaign it didn’t have permission to display the banner on the bus that is parked at a building Ayyadurai owns, and warned of daily fines of up to $300.

https://www.boston.com/news/local-n...warrens-challenger-sues-over-fake-indian-sign

Oct 2013
USA
He is an idiot like the President so I expect Trump supporters not to see the flaw in their theory or a lone democratic dingbat about Warren and her family handed down generational tree. But then again they were all told by their family that they are Irish. lol

Nicnam

Dec 2013
Would be interesting to know what the rules/laws are for the City of Cambridge concerning campaign displays on private property.

Nicnam

Dec 2013
He is an idiot like the President so I expect Trump supporters not to see the flaw in their theory or a lone democratic dingbat about Warren and her family handed down generational tree. But then again they were all told by their family that they are Irish. lol
Meh, Warren wants to hold onto her family stories but some Americans want to know the truth.

Jun 2014
United States
I personally disagree with Elizabeth Warren on a number of policy issues. I find it sad and pathetic that the GOP can't manage to articulate why she is on the wrong side of so many issues and instead has to resort to calling her a "fake indian" as their best argument against her.

I suppose they know better than I what it is that motivates their base.

Jul 2015
Florida
This guy is something else...

A U.S. Senate candidate is suing the city of Cambridge, saying officials violated his First Amendment rights by demanding he remove a sign from a campaign bus that read: “Only a REAL INDIAN Can Defeat the Fake Indian.”

Shiva Ayyadurai, who was born in India, is running as an independent against Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren. The slogan refers to claims Warren has made about Native American ancestry. It appears with an image of Warren that someone manipulated to show her in a Native American headdress.

The federal lawsuit filed April 22 says the Cambridge building inspector told the campaign it didn’t have permission to display the banner on the bus that is parked at a building Ayyadurai owns, and warned of daily fines of up to $300.

https://www.boston.com/news/local-n...warrens-challenger-sues-over-fake-indian-sign
I wouldn't vote for someone LIKE THAT for dog catcher. Dogs deserve better. I'll let the city inspector figure out the LAW.

Oct 2013
USA
Meh, Warren wants to hold onto her family stories but some Americans want to know the truth.
I have no need to know what some's family told someone long before DNA was available. I know how families handed down false information to every single person in the US beyond X amount of generations. Keep in mind she hasn't run on any family information. That was from the days she was a kid getting her education and I have no doubt that like everyone in that generation was told by family their bloodlines. I remember a time when the vast majority noted they were related to royalty. LOL

Jul 2015
Florida
I personally disagree with Elizabeth Warren on a number of policy issues. I find it sad and pathetic that the GOP can't manage to articulate why she is on the wrong side of so many issues and instead has to resort to calling her a "fake indian" as their best argument against her.

I suppose they know better than I what it is that motivates their base.
Appealing to its 'double digit' IQ base (okay maybe high double digits), the GOP goes for the simplest message. Gays, guns, God and in this case, fake Indians.

Last edited:
Jul 2015
Florida
I have no need to know what some's family told someone long before DNA was available. I know how families handed down false information to every single person in the US beyond X amount of generations. Keep in mind she hasn't run on any family information. That was from the days she was a kid getting her education and I have no doubt that like everyone in that generation was told by family their bloodlines. I remember a time when the vast majority noted they were related to royalty. LOL
You got it. I'm supposed to be related to JOHN PAUL JONES. Just arithmetic of his history and when my family came here doesn't match up. But I heard it for forty years of my life.

PS It was ON Warren's college form, it was NOT considered for her admission, and she NEVER applied for or got a dime related to her heritage in scholarships

Last edited: