Elizabeth Warren's tax concept

Jan 2016
Colorado
Are you blaming the overvaluation on trump too?
In large part, yes. We decided to GOOSE the economy with a large tax cut last year at a time when the economy manifestly did not NEED a tax cut. Outgoing Fed Chairwoman Janet Yellen warned that it was very unwise policy, and was not listened to. That created what a respected Japanese analyst called 'the Trump Bubble', and he said it is now in the process of bursting, with financial markets on a roller coaster ride over the past few months. Shrug. Don't say you weren't warned. Republican economic policies often seem to create large financial bubbles. They often seem DESIGNED to do so.

Jul 2011
NYC
In large part, yes. We decided to GOOSE the economy with a large tax cut last year at a time when the economy manifestly did not NEED a tax cut. Outgoing Fed Chairwoman Janet Yellen warned that it was very unwise policy, and was not listened to. That created what a respected Japanese analyst called 'the Trump Bubble', and he said it is now in the process of bursting, with financial markets on a roller coaster ride over the past few months. Shrug. Don't say you weren't warned. Republican economic policies often seem to create large financial bubbles. They often seem DESIGNED to do so.

The economy is doing well, the market corrects itself I do not see the giant deal you all make of it.

Jan 2016
Colorado
The economy is doing well, the market corrects itself I do not see the giant deal you all make of it.
Even the President's economic adviser Kevin Hassett has admitted that if the government shutdown continues through February, we are likely to end up with a 1st Quarter of ZERO economic growth, and you say the economy is doing well?? The economic pain from the shutdown is growing exponentially, as is the pain from our trade war with China. Even the farmers are now wavering in their strong support for Trump, due to the hardships all those tariffs are causing in the agricultural sector of our economy. But you don't give a shit.....

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Believe your proposal is old news. Is already in effect. Or at least was in place.

As i recall it became problematic and was adjusted (or possibly eliminated...)

You're kidding!?!?

You mean to say the rich man's club found a way to help their rich buddies avoid paying their fair share of income tax......leaving the rest of us to pick up their tab?

Jul 2011
NYC
Even the President's economic adviser Kevin Hassett has admitted that if the government shutdown continues through February, we are likely to end up with a 1st Quarter of ZERO economic growth, and you say the economy is doing well?? The economic pain from the shutdown is growing exponentially, as is the pain from our trade war with China. Even the farmers are now wavering in their strong support for Trump, due to the hardships all those tariffs are causing in the agricultural sector of our economy. But you don't give a shit.....

No you posted an article exaggerating the farmer issue. And I'm against tarrifs, perhaps you should stick to arguments I make, not the ones you wish I made.

Apr 2015
Katmandu
It could be construed as Constitutional if people whose net worth decreases in a year are exempted, making the tax a de facto capital gains tax that is just administered strangely (regressively, i.e. taxing huge returns relatively lightly and normal returns Draconianly) so that the tax seems like it's a wealth tax, even though it's technically not.

Otherwise you'd have to amend the Constitution, which no one seems to be interested in doing anymore.

The entire economy would suffer very broadly long before the wealthy would ever become impoverished. And they'd say "oops, nevermind" and undo the policy as evidence of its failure became apparent.
There are no capital gains or loses until something is sold.

Jan 2016
Colorado
No you posted an article exaggerating the farmer issue. And I'm against tarrifs, perhaps you should stick to arguments I make, not the ones you wish I made.
Really, you're disputing that Trump is losing support among the farmers?!?

In that case, you live in a world of make believe.

And you learn how to spell things that you are against.

Apr 2015
Katmandu
A 1.5% growth rate economy needs a shot in the arm.

We were in dire need of corporate tax reform, dems and even you agreed.