Elon Musk forked over tens of thousands to keep House Republicans in charge

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
Obviously less than pocket change for him. But it's still so fucking stupid. I just don't get it.

I still respect him, but, I mean, it will CRATER his credibility he has worked YEARS to build among the Green Left.

If he has a special relationship with a given member, who hears him out and this is the price, that's one thing. But the PAC spends its money at its discretion. This is a pro-GOP majority contribution, period.

Bonehead.

Jul 2014
midwest
No worse than Soros, or Steyer spending their money where they want.

You might think it's bad for his business, but only a few ultra anal people will care...

Jun 2014
United States
Obviously less than pocket change for him. But it's still so fucking stupid. I just don't get it.

I still respect him, but, I mean, it will CRATER his credibility he has worked YEARS to build among the Green Left.

If he has a special relationship with a given member, who hears him out and this is the price, that's one thing. But the PAC spends its money at its discretion. This is a pro-GOP majority contribution, period.

Bonehead.

If a business owner is seeking preferential treatment in the form of tax policy or subsidies, then it only makes sense to pander to the party in power.

I'm neither a fan nor a detractor of Musk in particular, but this is just common sense reality.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio

Bonehead.
Meh. Liberal billionaires can pull the GOP away from the brink.

Not a fan of PACs, me, but Musk's donations seem no more worrisome than the next 0.01%-er's.