EPA head Scott Pruitt says carbon dioxide is not 'primary contributor' to global warm

Feb 2007
In my mind
Why am I not surprised?

The profound and total ignorance of the Trump regime seems to be everywhere, in this case the head of the EPA denying the most basic of science.

Next, Pruitt may argue gravity is not real, and the earth is flat.

You know, I think Trump made some profoundly poor choices in stocking his cabinet. I Rick Perry in charge of nuclear material? But this clown, this man who parrots the most insanely poorly informed and jaded right wing talking heads to deny reality may take the cake.

EPA head Scott Pruitt says carbon dioxide is not 'primary contributor' to global warming | PolitiFact

The new head of the Environmental Protection Agency Scott Pruitt says carbon dioxide is not a primary contributor to global warming.
"Do you believe that it’s been proven that CO2 is the primary control knob for climate?" CNBC anchor Joe Kernen asked Pruitt in a March 9 interview.
"No, I think that measuring with precision human activity on the climate is something very challenging to do and there's tremendous disagreement about the degree of impact," Pruitt responded. "So no, I would not agree that it's a primary contributor to the global warming that we see."
Scientists around the globe generally conclude that human activity is the leading cause of climate change because humans have exacerbated the Earth’s greenhouse effect, mainly by producing carbon dioxide.
Compare Pruitt’s statement with one on his agency’s website, for example: "It is extremely likely that human activities have been the dominant cause of that warming," and then, "Carbon dioxide is the primary greenhouse gas that is contributing to recent climate change."
Environmental activists opposed Pruitt’s nomination, in part because in his former role as attorney general of Oklahoma, Pruitt sued the EPA more than a dozen times over air and water pollution regulations.
However, Pruitt has said he believes in climate change and that human activity is contributing to that change, though he is unconvinced of the extent of human-caused factors.
"The climate is changing, and human activity impacts that," he said in his Senate confirmation hearing.

Dec 2015
SoCal
Why am I not surprised?

The profound and total ignorance of the Trump regime seems to be everywhere, in this case the head of the EPA denying the most basic of science.

You know, I think Trump made some profoundly poor choices in stocking his cabinet. I Rick Perry in charge of nuclear material? But this clown, this man who parrots the most insanely poorly informed and jaded right wing talking heads to deny reality may take the cake.

EPA head Scott Pruitt says carbon dioxide is not 'primary contributor' to global warming | PolitiFact

The new head of the Environmental Protection Agency Scott Pruitt says carbon dioxide is not a primary contributor to global warming.
"Do you believe that it’s been proven that CO2 is the primary control knob for climate?" CNBC anchor Joe Kernen asked Pruitt in a March 9 interview.
"No, I think that measuring with precision human activity on the climate is something very challenging to do and there's tremendous disagreement about the degree of impact," Pruitt responded. "So no, I would not agree that it's a primary contributor to the global warming that we see."
Scientists around the globe generally conclude that human activity is the leading cause of climate change because humans have exacerbated the Earth’s greenhouse effect, mainly by producing carbon dioxide.
Compare Pruitt’s statement with one on his agency’s website, for example: "It is extremely likely that human activities have been the dominant cause of that warming," and then, "Carbon dioxide is the primary greenhouse gas that is contributing to recent climate change."
Environmental activists opposed Pruitt’s nomination, in part because in his former role as attorney general of Oklahoma, Pruitt sued the EPA more than a dozen times over air and water pollution regulations.
However, Pruitt has said he believes in climate change and that human activity is contributing to that change, though he is unconvinced of the extent of human-caused factors.
"The climate is changing, and human activity impacts that," he said in his Senate confirmation hearing.
Pruitt is another liar in the Trump regime.

Sep 2011
aMEEErica
Why am I not surprised?

He put in people who will dismantle the govt, that's what Russia wants.

Gutting the State Dept by 38%, showing much of the experienced personnel the door, Putin is doing the happy dance! :adoration:

Thx :popcorn:

Jun 2016
Chicago
I think it goes beyond that.

It is not that Pruitt puts forward untruths. He ignores reality. He ignores fact. He seems incapable of admitting he is wrong, and instead just repeats disproved bullshit that a first grader will notice is inaccurate.
I can't believe he said that. What an idiot. One thing we know for a fact is that carbon dioxide is indeed a greenhouse gas. All one has to do is look at the atmosphere of Venus to know that. Venus would be a much cooler planet temperature-wise were it not for the huge amounts of carbon dioxide in it's atmosphere. Venus is the hottest planet in the solar system because of this.

Why is Venus So Hot? - Universe Today
https://www.reference.com/science/venus-hotter-mercury-2bd7f872ae670190

Last edited:
Jun 2016
Chicago
He put in people who will dismantle the govt, that's what Russia wants.

Gutting the State Dept by 38%, showing much of the experienced personnel the door, Putin is doing the happy dance! :adoration:

Thx :popcorn:

Indeed he is. We're going to have to get out there and fight these people like crazy.

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Why am I not surprised?

The primary contributor is the sun. This is pretty obvious. No sun, no warming at all.