Eric Holder says: Oklahoma is an administrative subdivision of the United States

Jan 2008
Vertiform City
Yeah - so, y'all are aware, that Obama's DOJ has threatened the State of Oklahoma over a bill making English the official language there?

Eric Holder, Obama's AG, says that "Oklahoma is an administrative subdivision of the United States", and therefore it's perfectly okay for him to coerce that state by cutting off all federal funds should the bill pass.

"Administrative subdivision"? Hello? Is that what a State is?

Perhaps Mr. Holder has never heard of the Tenth Amendment?

http://www.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2009/08/06/obamas-imperial-decree-target-oklahoma/

The Tenth Amendment limits the Federal Government to the Powers expressly mentioned in the Constitution previously, and gives the States the freedom and power to govern in all other matters.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-tenth-amendment-to-the-us-constitution.htm

Blah

Former Staff
Jan 2007
USA
You know I'll be right there when people say we need to get back to Constitutional ideas, but to

tell you the truth I dont think Democrats or Republicans have given a flying fuck about the

Constitution for some time now.

Shit the country is run by thirty Czars, there are like 300 channels on the teevee and only one

says anything bad about the President and the White House is openly hostile to them. This place

isn't sane any more.

Jan 2008
Vertiform City
[quote name='bla bla' date='15 August 2009 - 02:57 AM' timestamp='1250319448' post='5477']

You know I'll be right there when people say we need to get back to Constitutional ideas, but to

tell you the truth I dont think Democrats or Republicans have given a flying fuck about the

Constitution for some time now.

[/quote]

True dat. They mostly pay lip service to it when it's convenient for them to do so.

Up until Printz v United States, the Tenth Amendment hadn't been mentioned in a Supreme Court

decision in many many years. We seem to have forgotten about it since the Reconstruction days...

What is the reason, that the "Dems and Reps have not given a f*ck about the Constitution for

some time now", as you say?

Here is what I see: both political parties, are mainly interested in OUTCOMES. Not "process".

Both are willing to sacrifice the process in favor of the outcome, and that is an equation of

EXPEDIENCY, nothing more. CONVENIENCE, is what it is. It's more goddamn convenient for them

to wave their hands over the process, because it's a big pain and a big expense and it takes

a long time.

Now - I could speak volumes on this point, because I used to be a "process guy" in my professional

career. My job, was to go into failing corporations, and try to get them OUT of this mode of

outcome-oriented teological thinking, and into the mode of "consistent goal-driven processes".

And, you can imagine, that being very close to a "quality control" role, I was the most hated

person in many of those organizations. I was the guy, who had to convince others, that they were

doing things the wrong way. Even though their individual performance targets were being met, and

they were getting bonuses as a result - so, many of those people felt THREATENED by process change.

What I discovered is, that there's a WAY to do this, that usually works. But, it requires open

ears - and so, there is a "precursor task" which sometimes involves "opening ears" - and that itself,

is a "process".

Our political PROCESS, is suffering right now. Just today, I've given you example of how our

elected representatives are passing Ex Post Facto Laws and Bills of Attainder, in direct contravention

to the rules in the Constitution, and the Supreme Court is doing nothing about it.

A process guy, looking at that equation, is going to see low hanging fruit.

And, there is a difference between this situation, and the corporate situation I mentioned -

In THIS situation, the process is already in place! The only problem is, people aren't using it!

And THAT, is a much simpler equation than having to start from scratch and introduce new process.

Blah

Former Staff
Jan 2007
USA
[quote name='nonsqtr' date='15 August 2009 - 12:11 AM' timestamp='1250320270' post='5478']

What is the reason, that the "Dems and Reps have not given a f*ck about the Constitution for

some time now", as you say?[/quote]

The people who run the country have no respect for it's principles they are attracted by power,

position, and money. It's a side effect of change in the overall society toward shallowness, greed,

and myopic points of view. Were a fragmented culture of separate relative realities where groups

want their kind of government and their kind of truth. Every time one group or another gains

power they tear open the government a little more and it just back fills with bureaucracy getting

larger and larger.

Jan 2008
Vertiform City
[quote name='bla bla' date='15 August 2009 - 03:27 AM' timestamp='1250321222' post='5479']

The people who run the country have no respect for it's principles they are attracted by power,

position, and money. It's a side effect of change in the overall society toward shallowness, greed,

myopic points of view.

[/quote]

Hm... so you're saying, the people who run this country (you mean the politicians?) - are

profiteers instead of patriots?

Hm... well, here's a tidbit - are you aware of the word origins of "profiteer"?

Profiteer means "Pirate"! And, we have a way of dealing with pirates, right?

Yes - profiteers. War profiteers, and the like.

Here - check this out:

During the American Revolution many merchants took advantage of skyrocketing inflation and short supplies of food and manufactured goods to make huge profits. Profiteers would buy all available goods, wait until prices rose, then sell them for profits of double or more. The national and state governments tried to control profiteering but were too weak to enforce their legislative measures.

Sound familiar?

http://encyclopedia.farlex.com/profiteer

Blah

Former Staff
Jan 2007
USA
[quote name='nonsqtr' date='15 August 2009 - 12:38 AM' timestamp='1250321929' post='5481']

Hm... so you're saying, the people who run this country (you mean the politicians?) - are

profiteers instead of patriots?

[/quote]

I'm not so naive as to think people haven't always used position to gain wealth, it just seems like they

used to do it on the side while still doing an honorable job taking care of the country. Now it just seems

to be like "hey fuck it, nobody cares and money is magical, we'll never have any real problem".

Jan 2008
Vertiform City
[quote name='bla bla' date='15 August 2009 - 03:48 AM' timestamp='1250322510' post='5482']

I'm not so naive as to think people haven't always used position to gain wealth, it just seems like they

used to do it on the side while still doing an honorable job taking care of the country. Now it just seems

to be like "hey fuck it, nobody cares and money is magical, we'll never have any real problem".

[/quote]

Yes. The Uniform Commercial Code has become more important than the Constitution.

Funny - the people who supported the 10th Amendment - were Madison and Hamilton!

(among others) - but... the conservative business types, yes?

And now, those very same people are throwing the Constitution to the wolves!

And because they did it, everyone else is doing it too!

We're in trouble. 71% of our people claim they've never read the entirety

of the Constitution. Very few can quote the First Amendment. It's like...

The stories about chopping down cherry trees stay in their minds, but the

real stuff goes in one ear and out the other.