Eric Trump, continuing his father's ironic, hyperbolic tradition

Amelia

Former Staff
Jun 2014
Wisconsin
This is from someone defending Eric Trump, so there's no excuse for saying the quotes herein were taken out of context.

Eric Trump -- rightly -- slams vicious left as 'not even people' - Washington Times

Sigh. It’s such a cycle of hatred we live in right now in America.

And it’s to that the younger Trump was speaking, on “Hannity” on Fox News.

“I’ve never seen hatred like this,” he said, The Hill noted. “To me, they’re not even people, It’s so, so sad. Morality’s just gone, morals have flown out the window, and we deserve so much better than this as a country.”

Pretty straight-forward, right?

Not to mention dead on. He’s quite correct; the political atmosphere is highly charged, and the left’s all-out attack on morals, values, conservatives — and Trump — is unlike any times in recent political history.

ROFL

How do they not choke on the irony? But recent news shows us Eric is following in his family's unethical tradition in more ways than one.

Rasselas

Former Staff
Feb 2010
USA
Washington Times aka Moony Times, works hand in glove with the fringe right alternative facts news sources.
Sun Myung Moon STARTED the Washington Times as a means of defending Richard Nixon, at the height of Watergate. Think about that.

Rasselas

Former Staff
Feb 2010
USA
If you look at American literature, mostly those classed as "not quite human anymore" are the rich--people so wealthy they no longer think of their neighbors as human beings anymore It's great wealth that robs people of their humanity. For more....read Steinbeck or Fitzgerald or Twain.

Rasselas

Former Staff
Feb 2010
USA
Por exemplo:
You're a rotten driver," I protested. "Either you ought to be more careful or you oughtn't to drive at all."

"I am careful."

"No, you're not."

"Well, other people are," [Daisy] said lightly.

"What's that got to do with it?"

"They'll keep out of my way," she insisted. "It takes two to make an
accident."

"Suppose you met somebody just as careless as yourself."

"I hope I never will," she answered. "I hate careless people. That's why
I like you."
I couldn't forgive him or like him but I saw that what he had done was,
to him, entirely justified. It was all very careless and confused.
They were careless people, Tom and Daisy--they smashed up things and
creatures and then retreated back into their money or their vast
carelessness or whatever it was that kept them together, and let other
people clean up the mess they had made. . . .

Rasselas

Former Staff
Feb 2010
USA
Okay, so I read a report on that interview, and I thought this was the real howler line:
In his Fox News appearance, Eric Trump called the Forbes report part of a “left-wing” effort to undermine the president and his family.
Forbes is part of a "left-wing" effort. Freakin' Forbes.

And notice he doesn't deny the truth of the report--he's just angry someone is talking about it.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
it's really not fair the way the "Trump twins" are teasing our male prison population, with their slack backed hair , and pouting ways - and such.