Eric Trump Says Syria Strike Was Swayed By ‘Heartbroken’ Ivanka

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Donald Trump's decision to bomb Syria was influenced by his daughter, Ivanka, being "heartbroken and outraged" at the country's alleged chemical weapons attack, one of the president's sons told a British newspaper.

The president launched 59 cruise missiles at a Syrian government air base he alleged was involved in a chemical weapons attack that killed dozens of civilians last week.

Trump's 33-year-old son, Eric, told The Daily Telegraph on Monday that the strike was influenced in part by Ivanka, who he said was "heartbroken and outraged" by the chemical attack.
Eric Trump Says Syria Strike Was Swayed By 'Heartbroken' Ivanka - NBC News

ok, we can work with this. Now, all she has to do is influence her erratic and impulsive dad to change his views on Syrian refugees.

Reactions: 2 people
Jun 2013
VA
You clearly see in the contradictory talk from Tillerson, Nikki Haley, and Sean Spicer...

there is NO coherent Trump policy on Syria.

They're just fumbling around. Between not wanting to go neo-con, but wanting the poll bump from the strike, but wanting to talk about regime change, but not wanting to actually DO anything about it....

but not wanting to be seen as OBVIOUSLY not wanting to do anything about it......but still wanting to "look tougher than Obama"......etc....etc....etc.

Reactions: 3 people
Jul 2015
Florida
What a way to run a fucking country! How's his daughter's mood today? What did he or his daughter SEE ON TELEVISION today.
Give me a fucking break.

Reactions: 5 people

Amelia

Former Staff
Jun 2014
Wisconsin
What a way to run a fucking country! How's his daughter's mood today? What did he or his daughter SEE ON TELEVISION today.
Give me a fucking break.
Better to base it on Ivanka's moods and the news she watches than on Donald's moods and the so-called news he watches.

Seriously -- you're stuck with Donald in the White House -- better a White House with Ivanka there to help balance out her father than a White House where Trump has no one but the likes of Bannon to turn to.

Reactions: 1 person
Mar 2010
Indiana
Donald Trump's decision to bomb Syria was influenced by his daughter, Ivanka, being "heartbroken and outraged" at the country's alleged chemical weapons attack, one of the president's sons told a British newspaper.

The president launched 59 cruise missiles at a Syrian government air base he alleged was involved in a chemical weapons attack that killed dozens of civilians last week.

Trump's 33-year-old son, Eric, told The Daily Telegraph on Monday that the strike was influenced in part by Ivanka, who he said was "heartbroken and outraged" by the chemical attack.

ok, we can work with this. Now, all she has to do is influence her erratic and impulsive dad to change his views on Syrian refugees.
So at PMS time everybody ducks?

Seriously she just put a target on her back. I hope the SS realizes this.

Mar 2010
Indiana
Better to base it on Ivanka's moods and the news she watches than on Donald's moods and the so-called news he watches.

Seriously -- you're stuck with Donald in the White House -- better a White House with Ivanka there to help balance out her father than a White House where Trump has no one but the likes of Bannon to turn to.
You're assuming she has say or is a balance. I'm not totally convinced.

Reactions: 1 person
Feb 2007
In my mind
Ah, how sweet!

According to the president's son with the most odd mouth, his sister of similar mouth was the reason their daddy lunched missiles.

Yes, Eric Trump, he of slicked back hair indicating either an extreme business acumen or a love of Michael Douglas in Wall Street, states that one of the reasons his daddy decided to launch missiles is his little gril was upset.

Really. According to the less important son, Ivanka getting teary eyed over images of dead children prompted her daddy to send missiles into another country.

Not only that, Spicer backed it up. Apparently Ivanka has a say in who we try to kill.

"Ivanka is a mother of three kids and she has influence," Eric Trump said, speaking with the newspaper at Trump Turnberry golf resort in Ayrshire, Scotland. "I'm sure she said, 'Listen, this is horrible stuff.' My father will act in times like that."

Trump himself was "deeply affected" by the pictures of children being "sprayed down by hoses to keep their skin from burning," according to his son. "It was horrible. These guys are savages and I'm glad he responded the way he responded."

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer was asked about Ivanka at the daily press briefing and said, "There's no question Ivanka and others weighed in to him" after seeing horrific pictures of the victims of the chemical attack.

Spicer said he didn't know if Ivanka had discussed the response U.S. missile attack with her father.

Speaking to the Daily Telegraph, Eric Trump described the president as "a great thinker, practical not impulsive," and added: "I'm proud he took that action, and believe me he thinks things through."

Asked about Russia's threats of military escalation following the strike, Eric Trump told the Telegraph his father would not be intimidated.

"There will be no one harder — he has got more backbone than anybody," he said. "He is not a guy who gets intimidated. I can tell you he is tough and he won't be pushed around. The cards will shake out the way they do but he's tough."

Russia is a key backer of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, who has been battling rebels trying to unseat him for more than six years.

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
Yeah, read about this yesterday.

I don't know what is worse.

Basing a foreign policy decision on the emotional needs of Ivanka

Or Ivanka so "heartbroken" about Syria that she stood by silently for year while her father maligned Syrian refugees/kids as beneath contempt.

Reactions: 5 people