'Eroded' U.S. Military Could Lose War Against Russia Or China

Nov 2010
My opinion is, nobody actually "wins" in a nuclear war, period

You Americans are too arrogant about this stuff. So used to fighting some impoverished Arabs who don't have the technology to defend themselves against your missiles and drones, you now underestimate all your other potential opponents. And, as someone who has studied martial arts, that, my friend, is a very dangerous mistake :)
Correction, right wingers are too arrogant, and stupid. Sit from the comfort of the middle of nowhere sceaming and cheering on murder and destruction of countries abroad, bombing the shit out of poor, untrained miltary and claiming they are the best. Meanwhile, other than WWII, what war have we really fought where were were the good guys and noble? We were monsters in Vietnam, had no business in Korea, had no business invading iraq the second time. The first gulf war, had to stop saddam invading another country so that was legit IMO.

Jan 2007
At the time, Eastern Europe was allied with and occupied by the Nazis. The Russians "liberated" those countries and installed their own puppet governments. Hungary, Bulgaria, and Romania were all allied with the Axis and Romania and Hungary had divisions involved in the invasion of Russia in 1941.
It was 1956 when the Soviets rolled into Hungary to put down an uprising of the people against the Soviets.

Jan 2007
They've always rallied around dictators and tyrants over there, yes... The Tsars. Lenin, Stalin, etc. Now - Putin.

Submitted to horrific abuse by own rulers, while fanatically resisting any foreign intervention.

A paradox, I agree. I cannot really understand it myself.

Hungarians brutally occupied Russian city of Voronezh and surrounding areas, during WWII; among other things, they stripped civilians naked and made them dig own graves, before executing them (for allegedly aiding partizan resistance fighters and such)

This is why so few Hungarian POWs were taken by Red Army, compared to the numbers of captured Germans, Romanians, even Italians. After learning about what they had been doing to people in Voronezh, Red Army commanders ordered their troops to simply kill any Hungarians they found, whether he tries to surrender or not...

I used to sympathize with the Hungarians who got crushed by Soviet tanks in the 50s. But since reading about the shit they did in Voronezh, not so much... And now, under Orban, they are moving back to that time too...
1956 is quite a few years since WW-2

Jan 2007
Correction, right wingers are too arrogant, and stupid. Sit from the comfort of the middle of nowhere sceaming and cheering on murder and destruction of countries abroad, bombing the shit out of poor, untrained miltary and claiming they are the best. Meanwhile, other than WWII, what war have we really fought where were were the good guys and noble? We were monsters in Vietnam, had no business in Korea, had no business invading iraq the second time. The first gulf war, had to stop saddam invading another country so that was legit IMO.
Johnson & Vietnam. where is your condemnation?

Dec 2014
NWOHQ
Last edited:

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
1956 is quite a few years since WW-2
Not that many. In fact, just 11 years since the end of the War. I guarantee you plenty Soviet WWII veterans were still serving in Red Army, among the officer staff, at that time. Just saying...

Jan 2007
They've always rallied around dictators and tyrants over there, yes... The Tsars. Lenin, Stalin, etc. Now - Putin.

Submitted to horrific abuse by own rulers, while fanatically resisting any foreign intervention.

A paradox, I agree. I cannot really understand it myself.

Hungarians brutally occupied Russian city of Voronezh and surrounding areas, during WWII; among other things, they stripped civilians naked and made them dig own graves, before executing them (for allegedly aiding partizan resistance fighters and such)

This is why so few Hungarian POWs were taken by Red Army, compared to the numbers of captured Germans, Romanians, even Italians. After learning about what they had been doing to people in Voronezh, Red Army commanders ordered their troops to simply kill any Hungarians they found, whether he tries to surrender or not...

I used to sympathize with the Hungarians who got crushed by Soviet tanks in the 50s. But since reading about the shit they did in Voronezh, not so much... And now, under Orban, they are moving back to that time too...
It wasn't just Hungary the Soviets took over by force. The numbers of Russians killed by Lenin & Stalin is epic. Why would any Russian want ownership of that.
It's bad when invading armies kill your own people , but for your own rulers to murder you, stave you, dominate you.

Jan 2016
Colorado
You know - If I was offered a night of unbridled 3-way passion with a willing Jennifer Lawrence and Princess Katherine - or a night playing Fortress America with some other nerds and a nice fruity merlot - I’m at the stage in life where I’d probably take the latter.
Oh no man!!