Evangelical "lust" - Is Humility a virtue or a sin? How about Vanity?

Jun 2013
Here
Trump has very many faults but we as Christians still have to vote for someone.

That does not mean we support his behavior or condone it however.

As the left would have us believe.

Liberals seem to think that every choice Christians make has to do with God and that's simply not true.
Please spare us your excuses. You elected Trump why, with regard to his promises? Those promises reflect your Christian values/beliefs/faith.....How?
When Christians who voted for Trump talk of the immorality of homosexuals and abortion and talk of the reasons they did NOT vote for Clinton or anyone else, but Trump, how do they then ignore all the sins (according to their own belief) of Donald Trump?

This does not escape only the eyes of Democrats/liberals and all those from any faith or belief (including a belief that god(s) do not exist) who can also read and study the books of the Bible without having to be Christian, but it does not escape the eyes of many many Christians who prefer to try to minimize their hypocrisy and not turn their beliefs on or off based in political "expediency". They are more consistent in their aligning their faith/beliefs with the way they live their lives, including not electing people that blatantly demonstrate numerous actions that defy their faith, while claiming to NOT vote for others, because those others, do not live according to Christian values.

Once again, how other humans judge any Christian about the consistency of their faith and alignment of their actions with their claimed faith, is immaterial. What other humans are asking is how does one claim to believe something, then act in ways that defy what they claim to believe? In addition, how do people who claim to believe something not ask themselves if they are living lives that actually align consistently with what they claim to believe, especially when a part of that belief is how the god(s) they believe in, will be their judge?

"I once was blind, but now I see" in the song "Amazing Grace" describes what, with regard to being "blind"? Humility allows someone to do what, with regard to seeing themselves truly and honestly in a mirror, so that they may see their own flaws (just like they see the flaws of others) and know what they need to do to correct them?

A business that manufactures products that have a flaw in them, will last for how long if they ignore those flaws and doing something about them?

If one's flaw is hypocrisy for not living according to what they claim to believe and desire to live by, what would be the cure/fix (expression of repentance, in religious terms) for such thing? Might it be, ending one's hypocrisy and living according to what one claims to believe or not lying to one's self (living in denial) and stop claiming to believe they live according to Christ's teachings, when they discover through humility (an honest (not delusional) look at themselves in the mirror) that they are not living according to what they claim that live by?

"7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,"

"8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me."

"9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 15:1-9 - King James Version

"7 You hypocrites! How right Isaiah was when he prophesied about you!"

"8 ‘These people, says God, honor me with their words,"
"but their heart is really far away from me."
"9 It is no use for them to worship me,
because they teach human rules as though they were my laws!’”

Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 15:1-9 - Good News Translation

If one wishes to argue that the books of the Bible and the commandments of God within it are confusing and conflicting at times and debate what it truly means to follow the letter of God's "laws" when taken in the context of both the Old and New Testament, then I believe you could have a true discussion, but to stand vehemently by only a few sins to stop those sinners, while at the same time letting a whole slew of sins not only slide, but elect a sinner that possesses them to lead not only one's self, but all people in one's society, does not make sense and presents hypocrisy. To many it is like saying I will elect (a massive sinner) to lead my people politically, because that massive sinner (one sin being blatant lying (bearing false witness)) has promised to exorcise a few select sins from society via government.

First, if lying is a major sin of the elected, why would anyone believe a liar is going to do what they promise to those that elect them and Second, why pay attention to the ambiguous sins of homosexuality and abortion, while totally ignoring sins like vanity (narcissism), greed, gluttony, lying, adultery and divorce, adultery being listed as a sin by one of the Ten Commandments?

I don't know if you will respond with an obtuse response because you truly lack the brain capacity to grasp what is said here, if you will purposefully act as if you do not understand what is explained here, because you know you cannot justify your claimed "reasoning", or whether you will demonstrate the humility needed to say, yes, this is a distinct concern and I see what the concern is. Will you express something sincerely and honestly or continue to present deflections and excuses because you know you are not what you claim to be, but that you are here to be dishonest, for the purpose of exploiting the truly faithful and those vulnerable to believing con artists.

Only you can show what you are about and if, you are Christian, as you appear to claim to be, you should also believe your humility and honesty do not escape the eyes of the God you claim to believe in and if you are merely exploiting a religion with claims to be a "believer", but not living by what you claim to believe in, others will ask themselves how the God they truly believe in, will judge a con artist that exploits their faith and trust to manipulate and/or steal from them.

Last edited:
Jun 2013
Here
How about GREED? The Gospel of ABUNDANCE. Pray with me, tithe tithe tithe and GOD will reward you with riches here and in heaven.

Pat ROBERTSON is a WHORE for Jesus!
As many have noted, the books of the Bible are full of contradictions, that appear to allow many different interpretations ( see the list of Christian denominations) List of Christian denominations by number of members - Wikipedia

That and the trust/faith people have in God make it, as with many religions, an ideal platform and fertile ground for con artists looking to exploit people's faith and trust in God to prey on people of faith.

The mere notion that Christians could NOT in their minds vote for Hillary Clinton because of her sins, but elect Donald Trump, in spite of them, is telling with regard to just how successful the con artists have been to skew, spin twist and turn "sin" into "virtue" within the dichotomy of "sin still is sin" when it comes to political opposition, but "sin becomes virtue" when it comes to political "friendliness".......and "convenient", personal profit.......

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
The scriptures are full of examples of leaders who had feet of clay. Do you think the stories of their sins are in the Bible randomly? Evangelical Christians are no different than anyone else who votes. They want results. They have watched pols for 50 years rail against them imposing their values on the public and now the left is trying to do the very thing they were once accused of doing. They want someone who can take them on and beat them at their own game.

May 2012
By the wall
I'm sorry but Jesus wasn't running for the presidency or I would have voted for him.

Instead I had a choice between two flawed candidates.

What you are saying is that Christians shouldn't vote unless there is the perfect Christian candidate running.

And that is just stupid.

Jun 2013
Here
I'm sorry but Jesus wasn't running for the presidency or I would have voted for him.

Instead I had a choice between two flawed candidates.

What you are saying is that Christians shouldn't vote unless there is the perfect Christian candidate running.

And that is just stupid.
Why would you say you would have voted for Jesus if he was running and then try to justify voting for someone who defies Jesus because Jesus wasn't available?

You would have voted for Jesus why? You voted for someone that flaunts his defiance of the teachings of Christ, why?

Why are you appearing to deliberately be obtuse and trying as hard as you can, to dodge answering the questions directly?

Who has said Christians should not be able to vote unless there is the perfect candidate running, but Trumpian Christians when they invoke their morality to say one should not vote for a candidate likeHillary Clinton based in her sins, while at the same time saying one SHOULD vote for Trump, in SPITE of his sins?

It does not make sense and I believe you know that and that is a part of why you are here.

Last edited:
May 2012
By the wall
Why would you say you would have voted for Jesus if he was running and then try to justify voting for someone who defies Jesus because Jesus wasn't available?

You would have voted for Jesus why? You voted for someone that flaunts his defiance of the teachings of Christ, why?

Why are you appearing to deliberately be obtuse and trying as hard as you can, to dodge answering the questions directly?
When I need to get my car fixed I take it to the best mechanic.

If there is a Christian that's a lousy mechanic and a Satanist that's a great one I will be taking it to the Satanist.

I didn't vote for Trump for anything regarding religion but how he would perform in his duties as president.

You do know that Christians are also concerned about things like unemployment and the economy don't you?

Well from your postings I guess you don't.

Jun 2013
Here

If there is a Christian that's a lousy mechanic and a Satanist that's a great one I will be taking it to the Satanist.

I didn't vote for Trump for anything regarding religion but how he would perform in his duties as president.

You do know that Christians are also concerned about things like unemployment and the economy don't you?

Would you take it to the "best mechanic" if he was the only one telling you he was the best mechanic, but had a known record of ripping people off and being far from the "best mechanic" other than in his own mind and BS he says about how he's the best?

Man oh man, are you ripe for pickens by a scammer or you ARE the scammer. which is what I suspect.

May 2012
By the wall
Would you take it to the "best mechanic" if he was the only one telling you he was the best mechanic, but had a known record of ripping people off and being far from the "best mechanic" other than in his own mind and BS he says about how he's the best?

Man oh man, are you ripe for pickens by a scammer or you ARE the scammer. which is what I suspect.
I do ride the bus for free.

:)

Jun 2013
Here

You didn't vote for Clinton, based in what, but you did vote for Trump, in spite of the same or worse. You make no sense.

You do know that under Obama, the unemployment caused by the "Great Recession" that began before Obama was elected, had been reduced to where it was before the "Great Recession" and still being reduced? Why be a smug wise ass? Why not admit there is a reason why you ignore facts and reality and what you are here for? It ain't to spread the truth, that's for damn sure.