Evangelicals and what they like about Trump.

Jets

Feb 2011
New York
From the link:

In the minds of a lot of conservatives, the left exists to impugn their motives, and the Republican Party regularly lied to them and said they would defend them and then didn’t. And that was the establishment. Trump became their hero, because he hated the establishment, and he beat up on the media, and he was fighting back against all these forces. The more he fights, the more they feel justified, like, He’s our hero because we needed someone to do this for us.
Trump’s appeal is not judges. It’s not policies. It’s that he’s a shit-talker and a fighter and tells it like it is. That’s what they like. They love the meanest parts of him.

That would explain why many support President Trump even if it seems antithetical.

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
Christians don't always agree with Trump's methods, but we do like the results he's getting. That's where I think that guy gets it wrong.

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
From the link:

Trump’s appeal is not judges. It’s not policies. It’s that he’s a shit-talker and a fighter and tells it like it is. That’s what they like. They love the meanest parts of him.

That would explain why many support President Trump even if it seems antithetical.
I disagree with the guy in the article. Everyone I talk to says they voted Trump because of judges. And I've seen that all over the internet from other Christians. I think that guy is just bitter about Trump for some reason. And/or Some Christians want to win approval from the Left.

Last edited:

Jets

Feb 2011
New York
I disagree with the guy in the article. Everyone I talk to says they voted Trump because of judges. And I've seen that all over the internet from other Christians. I think that guy is just bitter about Trump for some reason. Some Christians want to win approval from the Left.
He may be bitter about President Trump because not all conservatives and evangelicals march in lock step with his vitriolic rhetoric. Even if many support his policies and nominations for the SC. It doesn’t necessarily translate into being ok with his tweets and diatribes.

Nov 2008
Washington state
Trump is pro life anti abortion. He is pro Christian concerning issues with Conscience where businesses have been punished for not supporting the gay movement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
I wouldn't blame Christianity for this. These Trumpsters may call themselves Christians, but I sincerely doubt that Jesus would agree with that assessment.
Not blaming Christianiy. Am blaming those who have twisted their version into anything goes to win.

And whether you or I agree the fact remains that Churches all over are making big changes. That includes the Southern Baptists. One side trying to stay in the past that was mean and full of anger and hate because others did not follow in what they believe, the other believed in caring, love thy neighbor and inclusion.

Jun 2014
United States
Not blaming Christianiy. Am blaming those who have twisted their version into anything goes to win.

And whether you or I agree the fact remains that Churches all over are making big changes. That includes the Southern Baptists. One side trying to stay in the past that was mean and full of anger and hate because others did not follow in what they believe, the other believed in caring, love thy neighbor and inclusion.

Yes. Many are now leaving the SBC to form independent "Baptist Churches", because they desire to cling to their hatred more than they desire to follow the teachings of Christ.