Evangelicals were Hypocrites Before

Nov 2008
Washington state
No. Have you ever heard of probable cause? You have to have a specific reason to investigate someone.

Why it matters: The president’s defenders and opponents have used a similar set of facts to shape wildly different narratives on this issue. As a result, there has been much confusion over whether Trump’s leading 2020 challenger is being unfairly maligned or has something to answer for.

Hunter Biden’s work:

True: Beginning in 2014, Hunter Biden served on the board of a Ukrainian energy company, Burisma, that faced allegations of corruption. He was paid "as much as $50,000 per month," per the NYT.
False: His work for Burisma was being investigated by a Ukrainian prosecutor.
The investigation didn't involve Hunter, and was not being actively pursued at the time in question.
Joe Biden’s intervention:

True: Joe Biden was the Obama administration's point man on Ukraine while his son was working for Burisma, visiting the country several times from 2014 to 2016.
True: The then-vice president did tell Ukrainian leaders they had to fire Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin to get $1 billion in U.S. aid, according to a version of the story Biden himself told in 2018. Fact check: What Joe and Hunter Biden actually did in Ukraine
Why is a Billion dollars in aid being withheld unless this prosecutor is fired? Sounds like bribery to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 2008
Washington state
You didn't actually comprehend what I wrote. The possible crimes were already known in the instances I mentioned. There is no known crime in the case of the Bidens.
Think like Schiff, just make up crimes and try to make them stick

Nov 2008
Washington state
It's no more suspicious than Jenna Bush being hired by NBC. Or Jared Kushner being a senior advisor to the president.
It is if a money is withheld (bribery) to get a prosecutor fired.

Sep 2016
My own world
We will investigate the Bidens, how do you know it will be waste of time? Speaking of a waste of time, why impeach Trump when it would take 20 Senators to move from their current position not to Convict Trump. The trial in the Senate will probably reveal the Sham impeachment the House has done and ruin the Democrat party’s chances of gaining power for many years to come.

Who is "we?". Biden and his son are civilians and if they are to be criminally investigated the referral has to go to the Justice Department and referred to the FBI. To go around this process smacks of being all political not criminal. If government resources are being used for the advantage of opposition research then that in itself is a violation of law and the Bidens can sue and have the issue reviewed in court which in turn the judge may order the evidence be reviewed by a Grand Jury or the judge can do it themself. The Gov't has two options, present what they have to the Grand Jury or Judge or refer it to the FBI. Since there is no evidence the gov't would have to refer it to the FBI or turn over what evidence is that they have to the Judge or Grand Jury. The fact is they have no evidence would mean the Grand Jury would do what they did in Andrew McCabe's case and throw the case out and so would any Judge. If the Justice Department decided indeed they should refer it to the FBI then they would have to follow procedurel. That means they have to open a case based on probable cause. The FBI lawyers would not open an investigation If the Justice Department said the firing of the Prosecutor was a crime because all it would take is less than 24 hours using documents only and the dates and reasons clear Joe Biden of any wrong doing as no personal favor could be shown. . If it was something related to Hunter Biden they would have to be specific as to what crime they need to investigate. There is no law about working for a foreign country. Case Closed and the Bidens never have to appear.

Last edited:
Nov 2008
Washington state
Who is "we?". Biden and his son are civilians and if they are to be criminally investigated the referral has to go to the Justice Department and referred to the FBI. To go around this process smacks of being all political not criminal. If government resources are being used for the advantage of opposition research then that in itself is a violation of law and the Bidens can sue and have the issue reviewed in court which in turn the judge may order the evidence be reviewed by a Grand Jury or the judge can do it themself. The Gov't has two options, present what they have to the Grand Jury or Judge or refer it to the FBI. Since there is no evidence the gov't would have to refer it to the FBI or turn over what evidence is that they have to the Judge or Grand Jury. The fact is they have no evidence would mean the Grand Jury would do what they did in Andrew McCabe's case and throw the case out and so would any Judge. If the Justice Department decided indeed they should refer it to the FBI then they would have to follow procedurel. That means they have to open a case based on probable cause. The FBI lawyers would not open an investigation If the Justice Department said the firing of the Prosecutor was a crime because all it would take is less than 24 hours using documents only and the dates and reasons clear Joe Biden of any wrong doing as no personal favor could be shown. . If it was something related to Hunter Biden they would have to be specific as to what crime they need to investigate. There is no law about working for a foreign country. Case Closed and the Bidens never have to appear.
Of course this is political. Just like Democrats chasing Trump around for three years tryin to pin a crime on him unsuccessfully. We were told Trump orchestrated this Russian collusion idea for two years. What happened? Now this idea Trump was bribing the Ukraine President to look into the Bidens is underway. That’s going nowhere, Ukraine got their aid and Trump didn’t get an investigation. Bribes usually get information, this one didn’t. So now Senator Graham has opened an investigation into the Bidens because the Bribe failed. This impeachment gets weaker as the days roll on

Sep 2016
My own world
Of course this is political. Just like Democrats chasing Trump around for three years tryin to pin a crime on him unsuccessfully. We were told Trump orchestrated this Russian collusion idea for two years. What happened? Now this idea Trump was bribing the Ukraine President to look into the Bidens is underway. That’s going nowhere, Ukraine got their aid and Trump didn’t get an investigation. Bribes usually get information, this one didn’t. So now Senator Graham has opened an investigation into the Bidens because the Bribe failed. This impeachment gets weaker as the days roll on

The Democrats opened an investigation into Trump? I believe that would have been done by a Special Prosecutor that was appointed by a Republican Justice Department.
The Ukrainian Scandal is an open and shut case in terms of Trump's involvement and attempted bribery. The house will impeach, the Senate will not remove hm and when Trump's out of office there will be a whole new set of criminal charges Trump has to face. We already know there are charges waiting for Trump in terms of campaign finance violations and the 11 separate instances of obstruction of justice attempts in Mueller's report.
I'm not really interested in arguing with you as I have come to the conclusion that anybody that doesn't see the obvious in this has to be suffering from
cognitive dissonance.