Evangelicals were Hypocrites Before

Mar 2019
Oklahoma
As a "Christan" you should know the answer.

Follow what Jesus said.
As a "Christian" you should know that ignoring sins and NOT pointing out when supposed "Christians" sin isn't any sort of Biblical standard.

I try to follow what Jesus said everyday . . . it's not as easy as you'd like to think.

Mar 2019
Oklahoma
Maybe it's just me, but I tend to vote for someone who actually reflects my principles.
Funny. When Christians do that we're told to keep religion out of politics . . .

Looks likes some "Christians" don't do that. I mean seriously when the Hollywood access tape dropped before the election where he admitted to sexually assaulting women, , that should have been enough for said "Christians".
And vote for who?

Hence the double standard.
Let he who has never been a hypocrite, judged another or something . . .

Yeah, sure - lol on the judge other folks now

Do you mean like multiple threads on how awful LGTB and "Leftist" people are?
Speaking of the hypocritical/double standard . . .

Reactions: ripskater
Mar 2019
Oklahoma
Condemning sins in only those you oppose politically.
Yeah . . . sorry. Evangelicals don't have the market cornered on that . . . .

the Bible says you should choose morally upright leaders. Paul goes into some detail about this.
I thought most folks wanted religion out of politics? Most "evangelicals" will come at that morally upright angle from a religious perspective.

This has nothing to do with whom you vote for or support with your money and speech.
But it does have everything (IMO) to do with how an "evangelical" might chooses a morally upright leader.

Evangelicals judge people all the time, whether they are supposed to or not. But they only judge people it is in their temporal interest to judge. Others guilty of far worse get a pass. That's why they are hypocrites.
Wow . . . I think you just described the way every human being that has ever lived thinks from one day to the next.

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
Funny. When Christians do that we're told to keep religion out of politics . . .

And vote for who?

Let he who has never been a hypocrite, judged another or something . . .

Speaking of the hypocritical/double standard . . .

Blah, blah, blah

There were other GOP choices than Trump.

Candidates who were far more qualified. Who also did not admit to sexually assaulting women, mocking disabled people, attacking Muslims and Mexicans, war heroes, etc.

It seems like the Evangelicals LOVE Trump. So you need to own that, and everything that does along with it.

Including blatant hypocrisy and double standards.

If Obama had even done 1/4th of what Trump has done, you would be losing your mind.

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
Yeah . . . sorry. Evangelicals don't have the market cornered on that . . . .
Never said they did. What of it?
I thought most folks wanted religion out of politics? Most "evangelicals" will come at that morally upright angle from a religious perspective.
But they don't, which is why they are hypocrites. One basic point of "religious perspective" is that everyone is treated equally. They condemn some but not others for the same sins.
But it does have everything (IMO) to do with how an "evangelical" might chooses a morally upright leader.
Wow . . . I think you just described the way every human being that has ever lived thinks from one day to the next.
Yes, but the whole point of Christianity is that Christians are supposed to think differently. The fact that they don't, and that they take the most uncharitable views of everyone else, is a betrayal of their own faith.

Reactions: HayJenn
Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
Never said they did. What of it?
But they don't, which is why they are hypocrites. One basic point of "religious perspective" is that everyone is treated equally. They condemn some but not others for the same sins.

Yes, but the whole point of Christianity is that Christians are supposed to think differently. The fact that they don't, and that they take the most uncharitable views of everyone else, is a betrayal of their own faith.
It's been said many times by Christians here that all have sinned and fall short. Red, yellow, black, white, republican, democrat. Everyone needs Christ.

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
It's been said many times by Christians here that all have sinned and fall short. Red, yellow, black, white, republican, democrat. Everyone needs Christ.
But you think differently about that for each person, depending on your temporal, earthly relationship to them. That's Machiavelli not Jesus.

God can use even the "chief of sinners," what Paul called himself, as His instrument, but that would be His choice. You (plural) made it YOUR choice. That's hypocrisy. You use the sins of your political opponents against them at every opportunity, but you are insensate to the overwhelming unrighteousness of your chosen prince.

Reactions: Ian Jeffrey
Mar 2019
Oklahoma
Blah, blah, blah
Pathetic response.

There were other GOP choices than Trump.

Candidates who were far more qualified. Who also did not admit to sexually assaulting women, mocking disabled people, attacking Muslims and Mexicans, war heroes, etc.
And I voted for one of them.

It seems like the Evangelicals LOVE Trump. So you need to own that, and everything that does along with it.

Including blatant hypocrisy and double standards.
I don't need to own jack. I don't proclaim to be an evangelical or anything that goes along with it.

If Obama had even done 1/4th of what Trump has done, you would be losing your mind.
Yer funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
Pathetic response.

And I voted for one of them.

I don't need to own jack. I don't proclaim to be an evangelical or anything that goes along with it.

Yer funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not a pathetic response at all, If you support Trump and claim to be a "Christain", then you are a major hypocrite.