Ewwww! Oregon woman rescued from septic tank after being trapped in raw sewage for days

Mar 2019
Texas
ESTACADA, OR (KPTV) - Firefighters say a woman survived a fall into a septic tank, where she was trapped for as many as three days.
"In my entire career, I can't imagine another time this has happened," Division Chief Richard Anderson said.
The woman, who doesn't want to be publicly identified, was found inside the front yard tank by her daughter around 3 p.m. on Tuesday afternoon, according to Anderson.
"She hadn't been heard from by her family for a couple days, over the weekend, so the family decided to drive up and check on her - and that's when they found her down in the tank and called 911 to get us started to go up there," Anderson said.
When firefighters arrived, Anderson said the woman was found about three feet underground and was lying in sewage.

Woman rescued after being trapped in septic tank for days

Can you just imagine what that was like? It must have been horrible!

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
I cannot imagine how she was not oxygen deprived with all the out-gassing from the sewage.

Jul 2019
Heartland
ESTACADA, OR (KPTV) - Firefighters say a woman survived a fall into a septic tank, where she was trapped for as many as three days.
"In my entire career, I can't imagine another time this has happened," Division Chief Richard Anderson said.
The woman, who doesn't want to be publicly identified, was found inside the front yard tank by her daughter around 3 p.m. on Tuesday afternoon, according to Anderson.
"She hadn't been heard from by her family for a couple days, over the weekend, so the family decided to drive up and check on her - and that's when they found her down in the tank and called 911 to get us started to go up there," Anderson said.
When firefighters arrived, Anderson said the woman was found about three feet underground and was lying in sewage.

That is certainly a horrible experience for anyone. I would probably kill myself because I would never feel clean again.

It reminded me of the passage from 2 Kings 18:27 (CEB) = The field commander said to them, “Did my master send me to speak these words just to you and your master and not also to the men on the wall? They are the ones who will have to eat their dung and drink their urine along with you.”

Sometimes you literally end up in a pile of shit.

Jan 2016
Colorado

I can top this. I am going to quote a few paragraphs from the book The Dynasties of China, written by Bamber Gascoigne:

"At the start of the Han Dynasty the eldest son of Lady Lu was announced as the heir, and so she became Empress Lu. But her charms were fading----to judge from her later career they can never have been her strongest point----and soon [the Emperor] Gaozu wanted to change the succession in favor of the son of his new favorite, Lady Qi. For several years he was on the verge of doing so, against the wishes of most of his advisers, while the empress struggled to stave off disaster. During Gaozu's lifetime she fought with the conventional methods of palace intrigue, enlisting the support of different factions and persuading learned men to urge her case----they would be summoned to the palace and she would brief them from behind a screen. She achieved her aim. Gaozu died in 195 BC with the succession unchanged."

"After his death the empress had no further need of polite methods. Lady Qi's son was poisoned, and any girl within the royal household of whom Gaozu had been unusually fond was killed. The fate of Lady Qi was particularly gruesome. For convenience in removing the night-soil, a privy at this time consisted of a small room set above the pig-sty (diagrams of Chinese houses in the 1940s show the pigsty and the toilet still side by side at the back). According to Sima Qian, the empress cut off Lady Qi's hands and feet, gouged out her eyes, burned her ears, gave her a potion which made her dumb, then threw her into the lower part of the privy and brought visitors to see the 'human pig', a phrase which became a part of Chinese literary tradition.'

May 2012
By the wall
That is certainly a horrible experience for anyone. I would probably kill myself because I would never feel clean again.

It reminded me of the passage from 2 Kings 18:27 (CEB) = The field commander said to them, “Did my master send me to speak these words just to you and your master and not also to the men on the wall? They are the ones who will have to eat their dung and drink their urine along with you.”

Sometimes you literally end up in a pile of shit.
You would be surprised at what the human psyche can get used to very quick.